Chapter 16: A premonition of war

Screams rang out from the border as people were running. It was sheer chaos. She-wolves trying to find pups. Warriors were dead at the battle lines. And our Northern border was just destroyed by fire.
Help! I screamed through the mindlinks. I take off running into the forest drawing the enemy away from the pack house long enough to get everyone else to safety. I know I'm outnumbered. Two of the wolves on my heels. Gaining ground, approaching me fast and they are both about the size of Kai.
Just as I reach the caves in the mountains I feel a sharp pain. I reach down and my hand comes up, covered in blood. My side has been pierced by a silver tipped arrow. I stumble into the darkness of a cave.
Oh little mouse I have you right where I want you. Says a voice that sounds vaguely familiar.
I wake up in a cold sweat. Shaking from dream. Oh thank you goddess it was just a dream.
But everything seemed so real.
Sky whimpers in my head.
Leia she says.
Huh! I mumble still trying to orient myself.
I think that was a vision not a dream. We need to tell Alpha Kai. Something big is coming. I have already warned Jax. But Kai thinks he is being paranoid. Because you are about to going into heat. We need to prepare Leia. Our live may depend on it.
Climbing out of bed I make my way into the shower. And washing up really quick. I get dressed. Matching bra and panties. You know just in case Kai decides today is the day. Because so far the only thing we have done is make out. When Gem left Kai had us eat. I was for sure we were going to mate. I mean I was already naked but no. He took his time getting back to the task. So to speak. Then all that happened was a lot of heavy petting. Then when his erection lined up with me. And all that needed to be done or undone was his pants. It was like someone poured cold water on him. He got up suddenly, went to the bathroom. And 20 minutes later emerged from a cold shower. Damn it damn it.
Luna ceremony first then pups second was all he said.
I was so mad I have been giving him the "silent treatment" for 2 days.
What I can say.
Although I have noticed that closer I get to my "heat" the stranger my dreams have gotten. And the more irritable I am due to lack of sleep.
Just yesterday Kai came in the room while I was napping and said I kept repeating something along the lines of...... She watches while an empire falls and from the ashes another empire rises under the new moon. I don't recall anything from the dream. But when Kai called Alpha Tat from the neighboring pack. Their pack witch says that I am having premonitions. They occur when I go to sleep are 3 pm and 3 am.
What's also weird, the first day I am suppose to go into heat is on the day of the new moon.
Kai is worried that this is a sign.
Kai is also worried that Matheus' nephew or son is going to attack. He stated revenge is what drives most wolves these days. I have convinced him that we should at least start extra training for everyone. At the very least to easy his worry.
So now every able body has been training and taking patrols. A new panic room has been erected in the pack house. Joan and I have both participated in the new emergency protocols. I keep telling Kai that I rather be
paranoid for a little while then unprepared. But now that Tyee and Arlo are both acting the same way. Kai may take me a little more seriously today.
Tourist season is about to come to an end in Landrum. And harvest season is upon us. Soon Joan and I will take our vowel to join the pack.
Dressed I go downstairs to speak with Tyee. I know my sister is his main priority if something should happen but this dream has me thinking that something big is coming. And I need him to be able to care for my sister if I'm not around.
My kidnapping has really made me reflect on making sure my sister is good when I'm not here anymore.
Heading out of the downstairs side door that leads to the gardens and atrium. I come across Gem whispering into a phone. When she realizes she is not alone anymore, she hurries up and ends of the phone call.
Hey Gem
Hey Leia
Gem, have you seen Alpha Kai or Gamma Tyee?
Nope sure haven't Leia. I can help you find them.
No, no thanks. I reach out to pat her arm. Before I could touch her she jumps back. Huh! I never asked but maybe she doesn't like to be touched. Although even for her that is a little weird. And again she takes off away from me like she is running from a fire.
I walk outside and find Kai with Lena and Alo Jr. The twins are now crawling. Alo is sparing in the distance. And Emma the new pack nanny is bouncing Jayden to sleep. I sit down next to Kai. Lena senses my mood.
What wrong Leia? She says without looking up.
I had a weird encounter with Gem. And it just doesn't sit right with my soul. Especially after the dream I just had.
Kai turns swiftly looking at me. Jax said Sky reached out to him about something.
I turn to Kai. Yeah I remembered the dream this time.
Yeah what do you remember?
About this time everyone outside stops to listen.
A war broke out on our Northern border. Several warriors are going to die. Most of the women, children and elderly make it to the panic room. But I have to sacrifice being shot by an arrow and captured in the cave Joan and I use to camp out in. By a voice I have heard before.
Kai growls that will never happen.
I look him dead in the eyes and say. It has to or this pack will dead and burn to the ground. All at once the winds pick up and an eclipse happens.
And for 20 seconds the only light that could be seen was the light on a single daffodil flower in the middle of the field.
Alo says Kai, that a sign of a new beginning my friend. We have to do this. War is near according to our future Luna. You have to do the ceremony soon or it may cost you. The goddess has spoken my friend.