Chapter 17: Plans for the future

The first step in the mating bond is imprinting. Imprinting can come at any point in time once a pack member has received their wolf.
An imprinting mark shows up. Letting others know that your wolf have found their mate.
At this stage a mate can decided not to be with their mate. And eventually the imprinting mark will fade. If rejected by one's true mate the imprinting mark will disappear altogether. In some cares, even leave scars if their wolf gets rejected traumatically.
The second step comes once both pack members have been received their wolf. And the mate bond is acknowledge. From there if both parties are agreeable to mating. Marking then takes place. Both male and female will place their mark on each other. This is when a wolves' true or chose mate bites on the spot where shoulder and neck meets. Linking blood and scent to each other permanently.
The third and final step in a mate bond is the sexual act. Once sexually mated, you are fully connected to your mate. The connection is for life. This act soul links mates. And most of the time females end up pregnant during a mate bond. Or it starts a heat cycle soon after. Males who are newly mated are very testosterone driven. And can become territorial. Fights can break out.
Unmated males are very affected when a female goes in heat. In a uncivilized packs many deaths happen during this cycle.

Luckily for our pack this is not the first time a female has gone into heat or mating bond is in the process of being completed.

The day I met Kai our imprinting started to take place. Our imprinting marks started in the middle of our backs and swirled around to the front ending at our hearts. Entwined in the swirls are two wolf heads, a crescent moon, and a rose with six thorns. The story of the imprinting mark says that your marking will show your journey. The only thing that worries me is the rose with six thorns.
If the thorns represent difficult things that are suppose to happen. So far I lost me parents, Joan almost died, I was kidnapped and was almost killed. Which mean I have two more things that need to happen. And I don't think I can handle that. Moon goddess guide and keep me.
For Kai, he lost his twin brother right around their sixth birthday, his father died, his mother went into heat for the last time right around the time he became Alpha and was raped, and having his mate was kidnapped and almost killed.
So you see we are even on events but if this is true that means two more life changing events are going to happen.
And til this day Kai won't talk about his twin nor the true in behind how his father died.
Last night we finished the plans and set forth the date and time of the Luna ceremony. My sister Joan is way more excited than I am. We are going dress shopping today. Of course we're to be accompanied by six pack warriors. I called ahead to let the dress shop known about our security detail. But Kai and Tyee insisted that if mates can't come. This was the only way that us ladies were going.
It was around 9 am when we arrived at the dress shop. Lena, Mama Pen, and Emma came with Joan and I. I left Gem behind. There is something off about her these days. Her aura and her vibe just makes me anxious to the point where my fight or flight senses kick in when her and I are alone together. Kai thinks I am being dramatic. So I asked Alo to put a tail on her last week. And so far she has been on various phones a lot and going on late night runs solo. Which isn't unusual. But what I heard is it's always to the Northern border. Suspicious right. Especially since I had that dream.
Kai isn't worried. States the Norther Border area has the most wooded are to run. But I'm suspicious that she might be the person who leads to my demise. It's something off about her that I can't quite put my finger on. Lena agrees states she has not even been cooking nowadays. This coming from a young lady that wanted to go to culinary art school the moment she graduated high school.
I asked Kai to send her out of the territory to pick up a special present from on the other side of Memphis. While she is gone I'm having all codes changed to the panic room and keys switched out to the underground dungeons and tunnels.
I talked it through with Alo and the Alpha's special warriors. Kai won't know til I get back today. If I'm right then only a few warriors will die when the battle happens. I will deal with Kai being mad at me later.
The plan is for us ladies to leave to shop today with our dresses and in two days the Luna ceremony will happen.
I feel like I have tried on a 100 dresses. I tell Joan. I'm not a princess. Is there anything else? Something shaped like what an Egyptian queen would wear perhaps. I have too much hips for all the dresses you guys keep bring me. I need something a little more.... Je ne sais quoi. More.... More full figured. More plus size. I don't know.
Mama Pen comes around the corner with an off white floor length gown. With a golden sheer layer over the top. It has golden straps that drape over the shoulder with an empire waistline. That flows to the back with a few inches of a train. I knew without even trying it on that this was it. Goddess please let it fit.
Coming out of the fitting room I hear a grasp and look up to see all eyes are on me. The gown hugs me to just below my breast and flows out. I look like I am gliding on a stream of gold silk. I knew this is it. It is the last one that I tried on but this is it. I tell everyone to put their block up so Kai can't see or hear what it looks like. Jonis one of the warriors tell me I am the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. I have my hair flowing over my shoulders and down my back. I have the bridal consultant put a gold leaf crown on my head but it like a headband. Joan tells me there's no words that can describe how radiant I look right now. Tears are flowing and tissues are passed out.  As we have all the gowns wrapped up and ready to go for us to head back to the pack. Mama Pen frowns and tells us Kai has chosen to moved up the Luna ceremony to tomorrow. So tonight I will sleep in the room with Joan. I don't know what the rush seems to be. But I hope that is for all the right reasons.