Chapter 14: The Return

I mindlink with Tyee. And have him guard his future Luna and his mate. When Leia was able to mindlink with me. After not being able to feel her or mindlink her the whole time she was kidnapped. I knew something was up. Then it all made sense as I remembered. It was about 4 years ago. One of the elders named Matheus, in the royal council had a nephew whom was obsessed with finding a cure for the werewolf mutation. His work primarily consisted of trying to combine wolfbane and silver. To see if there could possibly be an antidote for the werewolf mutation. The elder got the council to agree  to test it out amongst the tribes in the US.
But some of the Alphas in North America took it too far with their research. Making prison cells for breeder slaves. And handcuffs to torture rogues. The council has had to step in numerous amounts of times to stop power crazed Alphas. 
Wanting evidence first, I make my way to the holding cell that had housed Leia for the last 2 weeks and immediately smell wolfbane. Damn it. I knew it. That explains why it's taking so long for her to heal. I want answers and I want them now. And Matheus better hope his answers can save him because I am pissed.
There are some benefits to being the direct descendant of the Alpha of all Alphas. I could be king if I chose to rule over all werewolves. The council knows this. So nobody better stand in my way. Or someone will pay today with their life. For hurting my mate. I roar with anger making everyone within a 20 foot radius bow in submission. I hear Leia whimper. She won't bow but I know she can feel my emotions. Sorry babe! My body is shaking, because I am losing control.
My claws elongate as I walk slowly towards the Elder Matheus. My voice is deeper. Meaning Jax my wolf is angry. And he wants blood.
Tell me that you didn't give this fucking Lunatic the weapons to steal my mate?
Matheus is trying to resist my alpha presence. But he falls to his knees and bares his neck as I draw closer to him.
I didn't know that was his plan Kai.
It's Alpha fucking Kai to you! I growl. My wolf is so close to the surface that I have to fight to remain in control. Because if Jax gets out. There will be hell to pay. His plan is to bath in these fuckers blood and guts Lycan style. The only people who will be left standing are my pack members and Leia.
I grab Matheus by the collar and watch as his toes drag along the floor boards. Crossing the room with his neck in my hands. The sound of him gasping for air only fuels me to want to choke off his air supply farther. Once I reach the other council members. I drop him at their feet. And tell them of my discovery. Their only objection is that Matheus' dies a quick death.
Oh no his death will not be quick or merciful, tell them. Daring someone else to object.
My plan is to take him back to my pack. The crime was against our Luna. So we will deal with him. I retrieve the cuffs and shackles that once held my mate captive. And chain him to the chair.
Jax breaks through my control. He snaps three of his fingers. Breaking them at the joint. And whispers there is more where that came from. Jax rounds the corner. I barely make it into the den before he is full on wolf form. I push him to Leia.
She is his only saving grace. She was laying down with her head on her sister's lap. She sits up instantly and reaches for Jax. And stares deep into his glowing red eyes. She whispers. Take me home Jax. An all orders commence. Her wish is our command.
Leia POV
It's been a long day. I don't remember much about the plane ride or the drive back to the pack house. Kai woke me up long even to get me off the plane. And into the car where Joan and I huddled together. Once I was back in his arms. I drifted back to sleep and woke again just before we pulled up to the pack house. All the light were on. And everyone down to the orphaned pups were outside to greet us. I was self conscience about my eye. Most of the bruises on my face were gone now. And my back had healed enough to where I could move without pain for the most part.
I pull a sweater on just as I step out of the car. But everyone is keeping a distance. I turn to look at Kai confused.
He says. I told them to stay back. I didn't know how you would feel like being touched. I turn around and look through unshed tears at everyone. I say barely above a whisper. It's ok. And I am soon surrounded by everyone in a warm group hug embrace. I look to a strange noise and out of the corner of my eye. I see warriors dragging 2 figures with black hoods over their heads off to a door that is hidden by a secret panel.
Kai please make them wait for a couple of days. I don't want my homecoming to be overshadowed by bloodshed. And besides that, we have a mating bond to complete.
Not until you are well my dear. Kai says.
No Kai I will no longer wait. We do it now.
Now? In front of everyone honey.
He send an image of us deep in passionate throes across our mindlink. And raises his eyebrow.
This is part of the process. But if you want onlookers your wish is my command.
I gasp even though I know he is joking. Mama Pen Kai's mother comes up and slaps the back of his head. Kai where is your manners. Behave!
I chuckle cause it's good to be home.