⤷thirty one

mark hummed to himself as he finished his shower. he wrapped a cotton towel around his waist and dried his hair while walking from the bathroom to his bedroom. for a world promotion that lasted three months — five, if you count all of the preparations — mark was in a surprisingly good mood.

   his last show of the so-called "tour" had ended a few hours prior and since then, he ate and drank with the members before heading back to their hotel. once he was back in his room, he took a long shower which lead to the current moment.

   the currently blue haired male got dressed in comfortable attire and combed his hair with his fingers. then, he began packing his suitcase. within a few hours, mark was meant to be on a plane with the rest of his unit memebers back to seoul. it had been too long since he was in korea and he couldn't wait to be there again. well, also because he would finally get to see his boyfriend, but that was another matter altogether.

   just as he was stuffing some souvenirs that he bought to show donghyuck things from his tour, there was a knock on his door. "come in," mark called, zipping up his suitcase. "hey," a voice came only a few moments later.

   mark turned around to see johnny entering the room. oddly enough, he seemed slightly fidgety and uneasy which was very unlike him. "is anything up?" mark switched to english upon seeing who it was. johnny shrugged, "i don't know. what do you think?"

   the odd behavior was throwing mark off and he didn't know how to take it. "is there something i should know?" mark questioned, suddenly reaching for his phone to check up on social media which he'd been too busy for. "no," johnny answered alarmingly quickly. after recieving a confused stare from mark, he coughed and shook his head. "i was just wondering if you'd heard any big news recently. i haven't been keeping up these days."

   mark eyed him, clearly not buying the story. "you know me, hyung. i've been too caught up in work for any of that," he said. "right... right," johnny cleared his throat. "on that note, i'll be leaving now. good night mark."

   while the taller tried to escape without further questioning, mark reached out and grabbed his arm. "is there anything i should know?" he asked the same question as before while searching johnny's eyes. the older only blinked at him which wasn't even the slightest bit helpful. mark's heart pounded in his chest as he suddenly felt like something might have happened to donghyuck. 

   "is...," he trailed off, hesistant at first. in case he was wrong, he didn't want to jinx the whole situation. yet, without asking, he would never know. "is hyuck alright? nothing happened to him.. right?"

   for a moment, and only a moment, the look in johnny's eyes changed to sympathy which only made mark more anxious. what could've possibly happened?

   when johnny cracked a smile, he momentarily relaxed. "i'm sure he's fine," he said. the tone is his voice was one octave higher than usual, but mark hoped that johnny wouldn't lie to him if the situation was as serious and mark felt like it was.

   "just finish packing and try to go to sleep soon, yeah? maybe stay off your phone so your brain won't be stimulated," johnny patted him on the shoulder and there it was again — that look of pity.

   "okay hyung," mark said. he wasn't sure if he really meant it or not, but he had a feeling that johnny wouldn't leave him alone until he agreed to it. "good night mark, again," johnny saluted with two fingers. "see you before the sun rises tomorrow," and mark was already dreading the feeling of waking up at an ungodly hour to get on a plane.

   you would think that after three months of straight traveling, one might be used to it. but no, mark figured that he would never get used to it.

   once johnny finally left, mark completed the rest of his packing and set his suitcases by the side of his door for easy access the next morning. then, he switched off the light and climbed into bed. the canadian lied down and tried to ignore the building feeling of worry in his stomach but it was no use.