⤷nineteen

the sound of mark's feet hitting the ground and the sound of his panting echoed through the hollow alleyway. he paused, hands on his knees as he leaned over to catch his breath. "fuck," he cursed, kicking a stray can on the ground.

   he had been running for only about five minutes, but he was getting extremely anxious. there was still no sign of donghyuck anywhere. a cold wind blew and pricked at his skin, reminding him that somewhere out there, donghyuck was alone. with one hand clenching the jacket that he brought from the dorms, he took a deep breath and took off. his feet ran without a clear direction. all he knew was that he needed to run to him.

   it had been another five minutes of running and mark had stopped again, leaning against the brick wall as he did so. his chest heaved up and down while his lungs did their best to expand as much as they could to allow more air in to breathe. 

   he wondered why he hadn't just left the dorm when donghyuck did. although the younger made it clear that he wanted to go alone, it would've been easy to get up and run after him. his safety was the most important thing in that situation and if anything happened to donghyuck, he wasn't willing to forgive himself easily for forgetting that.

   just as mark prepared to run again, he paused. he could've sworn he had just heard the sound of someone's muffled voice on the other side of the wall. instantly assuming that it was donghyuck, his heart rate picked up again, pounding in his chest. 

   moving as stealthily as possible, mark crept around the wall and ducked behind a trash can. his eyes widened as he took in the sight before him.

   donghyuck was pushed up against a wall as a random guy had a hand over his mouth and his other hand trying to undue  the button of donghyuck's jeans. the brunette's hands were tied behind his back, pushed roughly against the wall.

   mark was completely pissed off and enraged. if the fact that the stranger had enough nerve to abduct donghyuck when he was alone wasn't enough, he was shamelessly sexually assaulting him. mark's nails dug into the palms of his hands. all he saw was red.

   knowing that moving irrationally wouldn't be good for either of them, mark kept his focus in check. it was clear as day that he didn't have much time, but donghyuck fighting with all his will against the random person was buying him enough time to come up with a plan.

   he took notice in the empty alcohol bottle lying on the ground a few meters away. if he used it to hit the person on the head, he had a high chance of saving donghyuck faster. keeping in mind that any sudden sound could get their attention, mark crept over to the glass bottle, picking it up and holding it tightly in his hand.

   when it was secure in his hold, he walked past the wall where he had been hiding and approached the man with his hands on donghyuck. donghyuck met eyes with him and as his eyes widened, mark slammed the glass bottle against the stranger's head.

   the man staggered, tripping over his own feet as he clutched his head. mark was quick to run to donghyuck's side as the young male had fallen to his knees weakly. the older untied him and just as he was about to help donghyuck up, he felt someone grip onto his shoulder. he spun around right as the man's fist flew to his face. the pain shot through his jaw up to his cheek. mark coughed up blood, the wind was knocked out of him. he didn't know the last time someone hit him like that.

   "you fucking bastard," mark glared, standing up and grabbing the man's collar. he pushed him against the wall roughly, swinging with his fist to give the guy a matching bruise. the sasaeng spat in his face, mumbling incoherent curses. "don't ever touch him again," he warned. the ravenette didn't wait any longer before he punched the man straight in the nose, the sound of something cracking being heard throughout the alley.