⤷twenty seven

one month since mark and donghyuck officially started dating passed. everytime they were seen together by johnny, jaehyun, or taeyong, they would recieve endless teasing. if other members were there they would tone it down a little, but the teasing didn't stop. while it was embarrassing, mark and donghyuck were happy that they had three people who supported them that they could also trust.

   to put things simply, their relationship was going pretty well. the only thing that donghyuck didn't like about it, was how mark treated him exactly the same as he did before. he would push donghyuck away and hardly spend time with him during group activities. on top of that, donghyuck wanted more affection but there was no hugging, no hand holding, and no kisses either.

   it was starting to feel like nothing about their relationship changed at all, and donghyuck hated it. yet, whenever he tried to bring it up and talk it over with mark, the ravenette would change the topic or suddenly claim that he had something to do. of course having not many options to go to, donghyuck decided to share his concerns with jaehyun. even though the problems couldn't be solved, it felt nice to rant about it with someone he could trust. just like that, donghyuck talked with jaehyun everyday while his stress went away little by little.

   now, as donghyuck laid on his stomach while resting his head on a pillow, he faced jaehyun and whined about how mark wasn't giving him attention. with donghyuck's luck, at that exact moment mark happened to walk by. jaehyun and donghyuck usually closed the door but for some reason, they just didn't this time. as mark walked by, he narrowed his eyes and jaehyun and shot a glare at donghyuck. the brunette groaned, that look couldn't mean anything good.

   when mark was out of sight an ear shot jaehyun chuckled. "why are you laughing? he's going to ignore me for the rest of the day now," donghyuck said, rolling onto his side. "he's just jealous," jaehyun shrugged, a smile tugging at his lips. 

   mark was jealous? no, that didn't make sense. he had nothing to be jealous of anyway... right? the older male took notice of the way donghyuck seemed to be lost in thought. "have you ever asked mark how he felt about you sharing a room with me?" he asked. donghyuck shook his head, "there was never a reason to. why?" jaehyun smirked, "how would you fell if mark shared a room with someone else for a long time?"

   donghyuck rolled his eyes, not getting the point. "we're all members, it's expected," he said. jaehyun tsked and shook his head. "think about it like this," he began, listing things on his fingers, "someone else has access to mark and his bed at all times, they constantly have private time behind closed doors, even if they aren't doing anything physical, no one knows what's going on. they have late night talks. they're the first person that mark sees when he wakes up and the last one he sees before going to sleep..., should i say more?"

   the younger shook his head, finally getting it. "he's never mentioned being jealous before," donghyuck chewed on the inside of his cheek. "of course he wouldn't do that," jaehyun said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. donghyuck remained in his laying position as his eyes followed jaehyun who was walking around the room. "what should i do about it?" donghyuck finally asked.

   jaehyun turned to him with a smile, "i was waiting for this question." with quick strides, he took a seat on donghyuck's bed. "you've been wanting to talk to him about your problem, right?" he asked, not waiting for an answer. "you can easily catch his attention if you bring up the topic about him being jealous. it should trigger his defensive instincts and that should give you time to really talk to him," the older male said, dimples showing as he spoke.

   donghyuck stared in awe, surprised that jaehyu had such great relationship advice. "as expected of valentine boy," donghyuck sat up, thankful for the instructions. "you aren't in a relationship too, right?" he joked. jaehyun simply chuckled without responding and picked up his phone, busying himself with it.