⤷eighteen

mark silenty observed donghyuck. his eyes raked over the features of his face down the the little details in his posture. the sun kissed male was staring at the ground blankly, pink lips pushed into a small pout. his arms and legs were crossed, back hunched. looking at the younger made mark was to straighten his back so that it wasn't slouching. as much as he wanted to, he ignored the urges to do so and continued observing donghyuck.

   he didn't miss how the younger had been acting strange after their make out session before schedules. it seemed like after that, donghyuck had suddenly become worried or lost in thought. 

   forcing himself to somewhat focus on the discussion happening around him, he brought himself to the real world and tuned in to what the other's were talking about. 

   "the fans would like it if we did more hearts for the ending fairy cuts," jaemin said. "i know, but isn't it too common? we should do something more unique," renjun suggested. "since it's our last promo stage, let's try to be creative with it," chenle piped up. the other nodded in agreement as jisung turned to mark. "what do you think we should do?"

   mark being the mature leader that he was, he answered quickly even though he had just started listening to the conversation. "let's do something to symbolize seven dream and our song at the same time. like this part," he did one of the most eye catching yet simple hand moves from the choreography. the lyrics in the song at that specific part in the dance happened to mention the strength they shared and the depth of their friendship. it was perfect.

   chenle beamed, showing a toothy smile as he reached over touch his ear and pinch his cheek. "as expected," he cooed. donghyuck suddenly shot up from his seat, eyes attempting to hide the lit fire inside. "i'm going to buy some snacks," his tone was almost normal but mark wasn't fooled by it like the others were. he instantly knew something was wrong.

   "i'm coming with you," mark stood up, tugging on the bottom of his hoodie to straigten it out. "i'm going alone," the look on donghyuck's face was a clear sign that said 'don't go against me right now or you'll regret it'.

   even though the younger appeared very serious, mark knew something was wrong and he wasn't planning on letting it go. just as he was about to argue, the brunette walked off, the sound of the front door closing was heard seconds later. mark huffed in annoyance, sitting down again. it was useless to chase after donghyuck. he figured that he was just being immature and would cool down soon anyways.

   "dramatic much?" jeno mumbled under his breath while still being loud enough for everyone else to hear. "tell me about it," renjun nodded his head, brows furrowed. for some strange reason, mark didn't like what the other members were saying about donghyuck behavior. sure, in his head only moments before, he had similar thoughts. yet, shen he heard the other members talking about him in the way that they were, it triggered him to no end. 

   although he wanted to tell them off, he refrained. he was the oldest and he couldn't let his emotions get the best of him in any way. the next fifteen minutes were spent the same way it had been before donghyuck left. everyone laughed and joked around while mark worried about donghyuck. 

   he hoped that he was smart enough to go with his manager, but knowing donghyuck, he knew he wasn't that smart. the thought of donghyuck wandering through dark alleyways at night alone kept him on edge. 

   not being able to stand his own paranoia for any longer, mark pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed donghyuck's number. his plan was to call donghyuck, make sure he was with his manager, send his manager if he wasn't (which was most likely), and hang up. his fingers tapped his thigh nervously as the phone rung and he waited for donghyuck to pick up.