⤷eleven

"hello everyone! today we are back with a dreamy group that showcases their friendship and youth. when you watch their stage performances or music videos, you can't help but smile. welcome, nct dream!" the weekly idol host announced. the dreamies entered the scene being as chaotic yet natural as ever. 

   "2, 3," mark called. "to the world, this is nct. hello, we're nct dream," everyone said, taking a bow. the hosts cheered and clapped while welcoming them each by shaking their hands. "you guys can easily come to see me at the company, what brings you here today?" eunhyuck said, following the script.

   donghyuck took it upon himself to answer the question. "we're here to promote our new song," he said bluntly. he felt satisfied as a few of the members and the hosts laughed. "well tell us about you song," kwanghee instructed. they had played rock paper scissors before they left the dorm to decided who would introduce the song. since jisung ended up losing, he began speaking.

   jisung explained it without sounding awkward, which was quite the accomplishment for him. "well... that sounds very nice. i'm sure you're song will top the charts and you'll take home many wins," kwanghee praised. "shall we take a look at the dance?" eunhyuck suggested and the dreamies prepared to dance. 

   the music started and they danced the dance as hard as they did in the practice room, if not harder since they had an audience. when the dance finished, they were handed fans and water bottles. everyone cooled down and got touch ups before the camera started recording again. 

   "action!" the camera director called. "wow," the hosts clapped. "that was an amazing performance," eunhyuck commented, the members thanking them for their compliments. after they finished talking about the dance, eunhyuck spoke up again. "take a seat, please," eunhyuck said.

   the seven boys took a seat and straightened out their clothes. a few staff members carried in boards with their profiles on them. donghyuck remembered writing them about a week ago when it was announced that they would be going on weekly idol to promote their new song. 

   "it's been a while and the dream members just keep growing. i think it's time we look at the self written profiles again," kwanghee read the script but kept the atmosphere light and friendly. the members agreed and clapped. "let's start with the eldest and leader; mark," eunhyuck said.

   they went through the profile, talking about the different things that mark wrote. they got stuck on when mark wrote about how he played the guitar a lot. they asked him about what kind of songs he played and if he played by himself or played and sang with the members. that specific question caught donghyuck's attention as he unintentionally lifted his head up and met mark's waiting gaze.

   he quickly looked down, hoping that mark wouldn't say anything about how often they ended up busking or just singing together. mark seemed to get the message as he answered vaguely, "i think i sing a lot with all of the members."

   "haechan looked up as soon as we brought it up. is there something you'd like to say?" kwanghee asked. donghyuck mentally cursed, he hadn't meant to be so obvious about it. he knew that everything he was about to say was just going to be edited slightly for sound effects and he didn't want to lie to nctzens, so he decided to stick to the truth.

   "mark hyung and i often sing together. he usually plays the guitar and i sing, or sometimes we sing together," donghyuck answered. he looked at mark for confirmation and he nodded in agreement. "you two seem very close," eunhyuck noted. before mark or donghyuck had a chance to speak, jeno spoke.

   "they've known eachother ever since mark became a trainee," jeno said. "did you two become friends as soon as you met then?" eunhyuck asked. mark and donghyuck looked at eachother before laughing awkwardly. "what does that mean?" eunhyuck looked at the two. donghyuck raised an eyebrow at mark for approval.