⤷twenty

donghyuck woke up with tear stains on his cheeks and the faint memory of last night. what disturbed him was how empty his bed felt without the older in it. although his limbs felt weak and the slightest movement tired him, he forced himself into a sitting position and leaned his head against the headboard. 

   on the other side of the door he could hear mark's voice talking to someone else. "...i don't care what the schedules are, he can't do them today. you know what happened yesterday," he heard mark say. there was a bit more talking, but donghyuck tuned out. he wasn't in the mood to think about what happened the night before. just the thought of the sasaeng's touch on his body made him feel disgusted.

   luckily before donghyuck could feel more displeased with himself, mark came back in the room. his expression was annoyed but softened immediately when he saw the younger sitting up on the bed. "you're awake," he smiled, walking over to donghyuck's bed and sitting at the side.

   "how are you feeling?" he asked, placing a pillow behind donghyuck's back for support. "like shit," donghyuck's voice was hoarse from crying. 

   the ravenette frowned. he didn't like what kind of mental state the younger seemed to be in and he didn't like the idea of donghyuck hurting. "don't worry about your schedules for today, i cleared them all because you need to rest." donghyuck's eyes widened and his face momentarily lost color. "today's our last promotion stage for our comeback. i can't miss it."

   mark shook his head and placed a hand on donghyuck's shoulder. "your health is more imporant than that. of course some of our fans will be disappointed, but they should understand and respect the situation," nothing about the look on his face was a joke and donghyuck knew better than to go against him.

   feeling deflated, he closed his eyes, wanting everything to stop. it was no use as only images from the previous night flashed in his mind "hyung...," he opened his eyes, looking at mark, "everything hurts."

   the canadian watched as tears threatened to fall from his pretty eyes. his eyes had completely glossed over and to put it simply into one word, the shorter male looked so lost. at that moment, there was nothing he wanted to do more than to protect donghyuck, his teddy bear. 

   "hyuck," he said, sounding breathless as he opened his arms for donghyuck to fall into. mark cradled the younger boy in his hold, gently rocking them back and forth. despite wanting to cry and let everything out, donghyuck couldn't. he had cried too much over the past few weeks and he didn't want to again. he needed to be stronger, he needed to be emotionless.

   he felt a warm hand rub his back gently before mark spoke softly into his ear, "if you wanna cry, cry. you're not just an idol, you're human too." 

   like that, all his thoughts from only moments ago went out the window as hot tears ran down his face. he sobbed into mark's shoulder, letting everything out. "why me? why is this happening to me?" he cried, soaking mark's shirt with tears. of course he was reffering to the abduction from the night before, but he was also referring to his feelings for the older.

   why was it that he had to fall in love with mark? why was it that both of them were idols? why was it that both of them were guys? what was it that he was trapped in an unrequited love where mark would never return the same feelings? why did he have to go through all the pain alone?

   even though mark was with him and he was in the mark's embrace, he still felt as though they were miles apart. knowing that he would regret everything and he would have to face the consequences later, donghyuck wanted to do it once. just because he was afraid that his heart might not ever let him do it again.

   he pulled away from the ravenette and cupped his cheeks. before his brain could catch up to his actions and stop him, his eyes fluttered closed and he leaned in, bringing him and mark into a soft and delicate kiss.

   donghyuck moved his lips against the older's slowly as mark didn't respend. mark pulled away and looked at donghyuck, "what are you—" he was cut off as donghyuck kissed him again. this time it was more needy, but not for pleasure. for love.

   mark pulled away again and prepared to ask the same question he had tried to ask earlier. but when he took one glance at donghyuck's eyes, he knew no words needed to be said anymore. "please," donghyuck practically begged, bottom lip quivering. mark searched his eyes before nodding, and once again, donghyuck' brought them together for a kiss. this time, mark responded to the kiss, kissing back and giving donghyuck as much affection as he needed.

   donghyuck's pink and plush lips met mark's as they molded together. although mark didn't know, donghyuck put all of his unsaid feelings into the kiss, secretly confessing to the ravenette. 

   ever since he had fallen for mark, he only ever felt hurt. everthing mark did made him feel lonely and unloved. he wanted what he couldn't have and he knew it was time for all of it to finally come to an end. 

i should've given up earlier before it was too late.

   the brunette's salty tears slipped through the cracks of their kiss. his feelings were so raw and he was so emotional. slowly, donghyuck's lips left mark's and he looked down at his lap, holding back sobs. 

   the room was silent as you could only hear the sounds of the two male's breaths. mark took it upon himself to speak. he already had many questions and he didn't want to bother donghyuck with them, but he couldn't hold them back anymore.

"why did you kiss me?"

   mark's words lingered in the heavy and thick tension between them. he risked a glance at donghyuck but immediately regretted it. his heart felt heavier and guilt flooded him. the said male held a hand up, touching his lips. his eyes stared blankly as if he was looking at something far past what mark could see. his eyes looked like glass while a steady stream of tears trickled out one by one. what mark wasn't expecting, was for donghyuck to suddenly look up at him and speak. "hyung,"

"i like you." 

-----

word count: 1095

how do you feel about hyuck's sudden confession?

ik this chapter was super short, but that's the concept this time

this chapter is personally really close to me and it was pretty hard to write it. as long as you guys enjoy it, i'll be happy

✎ ---- dreaminghyuck⤾