⤷thirteen

"i'm not feeling so good. i think i want to head back early," donghyuck said to his members, avoiding mark's concerned gaze. "we were going to go out to eat, though," chenle frowned. "i know, i'm sorry," donghyuck said. he didn't want to let anyone ask anymore questions so he quickly left with one last departing statement.

   "i'll see you all back at the dorms," donghyuck waved and met his manager outside of the building. "ready?" he asked as donghyuck entered the passenger's seat. he nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat. if he was going to cry, he was going to cry in isolation at least.

   the drive back to the dorms was quite aside from the radio playing softly. when a news report about an LGBTQ+ couple coming out to the world and getting negative feedback started playing, he shut it off hastily, recieving a questioning look from his manager.

   he leaned back in his seat, closing his eyes. although it started as an excuse, he was actually begining to feel sick. knowing that there wasn't much time left until they made it to their destination, he squeezed his eyes tightly and took in deep breaths. he gave himself constant reminders that they'd be there soon until his manager parked the car and announced that they had arrived.

   he undid his seatbelt and got off the car, heading straight towards the dorms before even saying goodbye or thank you to his manager. he felt guilty about it,  but he really wasn't feeling emotionally or physically well. 

   as he waited for the elevator to arrive, his phone went off, signaling that he had recieved a message. he oulled his phone out of his pocket and clicked on his most recent notifictaion.

mark hyung:

if you're sick, make sure you don't sing or talk much and get plenty of sleep. 

drink lot's of water if you need to, and check your temperature every now and then.

   donghyuck rolled his eyes, feeling annoyed by mark for sending him so many mixed signals and making him feel things that he didn't understand. 'ik, it's not my first time being sick' he ended up sending back, instantly regretting it.

   the elevator arrived, giving him an excuse to shut off his phone and not check to see if mark responded or not. the elevator stopped at his floor so he got off, entering the dorm before heading straight to his and mark's shared bedroom. he threw himself on his bed and thought back on the past twenty-four hours.

   when he entered the room the night before, mark had snapped at him for nothing. he tried to forget about it by watching videos, but mark had been staring at him the whole time. he'd gotten so anxious that he decided it was better off to go to bed. 

   the next morning, he and mark barely talked as they had been doing for a while. they moved around eachother to get ready for the shoot without speaking. it made the entire room awkward and he and mark were never awkward. the shoot with jae jae was fun until the pepero game. donghyuck could've cried then and there, collapsing under all the pressure. yet, knew that he had to be professional. it was his job and he agreed to it when signing the contract for sm.

   he played the pepero game with mark, heart being unintentionally played with in the process. he almost allowed himself to give in to his physical and emotional wants infront of all those people, his members, and mark. he couldn't believe how crazy he was going because of his bestfriend.

   the same dorky bestfriend who once wore iron man underwear and had glasses and braces. the same hardworking bestfriend who he'd trained with late in the night until they both were drenched in sweat and would nearly pass out due to exhaustion. the same supportive bestfriend who would remind him that they would make it and debut as long as they were together. the same grown up bestfriend who he now wanted to kiss and wanted all for himself.