⤷three

"so... you really just want me to speak, huh?," donghyuck waited for a response but got nothing in return. "you could at least stop staring at me with your beady eyes," he added with a pout.

   "you're cute so i'll forgive you," donghuck picked up the teddy bear and gave it a warm hug. "did i just hear you talking to that thing?" jaehyun walked in the room without bothering to knock and set his bag down on his bed. 

   the younger blushed. "mark hyung told me to talk to him," he defended. "mark gave that to you?" jaehyun raised his brows. the brunette nodded and pet the teddy bear. 

   "that explains why you're so attatched to it. you just got it yesterday and you won't stop hugging it," jaehyun chuckled. "what is that supposed to mean?" donghyuck asked in confusion. "nothing," jaehyun smirked. 

   "we have early schedules tomorrow. i'm gonna go to bed," jaehyun left to the bathroom to shower and do his skin care routine. meanwhile, donghyuck changed into comfortable clothes to sleep in and laid under the covers.

   his phone glowed next to him as a notification popped up. mark sent a text saying, 'you up?' donghyuck quickly unlocked his phone and replied saying that he was still awake. 'that was a trick question, go to sleep' donghyuck read. 

   he smiled as his finger hovered over the call button. he would like to have some company as he waited for jaehyun to return so he could turn out the lights. he pressed the button and waited for mark to pick up.

   "melt," donghyuck greeted as mark answered. "i just told you to go to sleep. why are you still up?" mark asked. the younger smiled, "jaehyun-hyung went to take a shower and i'm waiting for him to turn off the lights."

      mark hummed in response. "why did you call?" mark asked another question. "i wanted to hear your voice," donghyuck replied honestly. "oh, okay. how have you been today?" mark asked.

   donghyuck played dumb and responded. "the dance teacher said i did well on the dance and...," he heard mark sigh in frustration over the line, "my vocal lesson went pretty well too. hmm... what else?" a smile crept onto his face as he teased.

   "you know what i mean, donghyuck. do feel better than yesterday at least?" mark asked. donghyuck enjoyed the feeling of getting mark worked up. he decided that he had tease enough and answered the older's question.

   "yeah, i feel better. the teddy bear is working," he chuckled. mark felt relieved to hear that. "he doesn't beat your company though," donghyuck said truthfully. "glad to hear. i would hate to have my spotlight stolen by a plushie toy," mark smiled though the brunette couldn't see it. the call fell silent as donghyuck listened to the sounds of the older's breathing.

   "have you ever been in love?" donghyuck asked. his hands covered his mouth immediately as he realized what he just asked. he hadn't meant to say it out loud, it just slipped out. he cringed as he heard the sound of mark letting out a short gasp. "wait! sorry, i didn't mean to say it. you don't have to ans-," donghyuck got cut off before he could finish his sentence. 

   "it's fine, i don't mind," mark reassured him. there was slight pause before mark spoke again. "i haven't been lucky enough to fall in love yet," he stopped and thought for a second, "but i think i might soon."

   donghyuck was confused and wanted to ask about what he meant. he didn't get a chance to before the bathroom door opened and jaehyun walked in with damp hair. "oh, jaehyun hyung is back," donghyuck alerted mark.

   "okay then. sleep well donghyuck-ah," mark hung up leaving the younger with butterflies in his stomach. 

   "you were just on the phone with mark, right?" jaehyun questioned as he settled in the bed. donghyuck nodded but furrowed his brows, "how did you know? you could barely hear his voice over there, my volume was pretty low."