⤷twelve

"you guys have another interview tomorrow morning with jaejae, and then the comeback live in the evening," mark's manger turned around from the passenger's seat. "got it," mark said, stepping out of the car.

   jeno, chenle, and jisung got out of the car behind him. jeno started waking next to the ravenette while chenle and jisung walked together slowly in the back. "why didn't you tell me who it was for?" jeno asked.

   "who what was fo—, oh, that," mark shook his head in disbelief. ever since donghyuck had said that mark bought him a teddy bear, jeno kept sending him strange looks and mark knew that he was waiting for the right time to ask him. "it wasn't a big deal," mark shrugged.

   jeno looked unconvinced, "why did you get one specifically for haechan?" mark took off his hat and readjusted it to stall. "he's a teddy bear," he answered stiffly. he could feel jeno's eyes on him, watching his every move. "when i asked you who it was for in the past, you told me it was for a special friend. why were you so secretive about it? why didn't you just say it was for haechan?" jeno asked all at once.

   mark chuckled, "what is this, an interview?" jeno frowned at how mark obviously avoided answering all the questions. before he had a chance to say anything else, the elevator arrived and mark called to chenle and jisung, "the elevator is here guys, hurry up."

   luckily, through the elevator ride, chenle and jisung were constantly bickering and it would be inappropriate to continue talking about the teddy bear, so jeno kept quiet. "see you tomorrow guys, i'm heading off to bed."

   the other guys waved while jeno sent mark one last look. the canadian sighed, feeling somewhat more relaxed now that jeno had no reason to follow him around and ask him about the plushie. mark ruffled his hair and entered the bedroom that he was sharing with donghyuck. it was empty so he figured that the other car consisting of jaemin, renjun, and donghyuck, was yet to come.

   mark changed into some more comfortable clothes and laid on his bed. he was scrolling through twitter on his phone when a post caught his attention. 'mark and haechan hugging in public' the post read. mark furrowed his brows and looked closer. indeed, he and donghyuck were practically hugging as mark had his arm wrapped around donghyuck's waist and donghyuck's face was burried in his chest.

   after looking at their surroundings, mark realized that it was when the sasaengs attacked them after eating at the restaurant. just thinking back on what happened made him angry, as he tried to remember the feeling of donghyuck rubbing the back of mark's hand with his thumb in the car to calm him down.

   he decided to read the comments to see what nctzens and netzens were saying about it. just as he began looking through the comments, the door opened and renjun entered with donghyuck's arms wrapped around him. mark stiffened at the sight.

   "can you tell him to stop trying to kiss me?" renjun whined. "haechan, stop," mark said flatly. donghyuck looked up in surprise while renjun wore the same expression. mark cringed, realizing how harsh his tone had sounded and how cold his eyes must've been. 

   even though he wanted to feel sorry for startling renjun in the way he did, he just couldn't. a nasty voice in his head told him that renjun deserved it for allowing donghyuck to kiss him and hug him. if he really wanted donghyuck off of him, he could've tried harder, the voice spoke to him. knowing how ridiculous he was being, he shook his head to clear it from those thoughts.

   renjun and donghyuck exchanged 'goodbye's before donghyuck closed the door and threw himself on his bed. he burried his face into a pillow, "someone's in a grumpy mood," he muttered. "i know, i'm sorry," mark wanted to say. instead, he couldn't swallow his pride and simply rolled his eyes without answering.