⤷ten

(a/n: chittaphonnn)

   a week had passed since mark and donghyuck first became roomates. although they weren't as awkward as they were a week ago, it was still obvious that there was something coming between them. donghyuck sighed and put in some earbuds, allowing music to flow through to his ears.

   he got off of his bed and left the dorm room. he knew he wasn't supposed to walk anywhere alone, but he didn't want to bother anyone. he felt as if someone was watching him but shrugged it off since it was most likely just because he wasn't used to being out alone. he walked to the 127 dorms and knocked on the door of a hyung who he had been missing. 

   "come in," the voice called. he pushed the door open and grinned when the figure was sitting on the bed with their back to him. donghyuck took slow steps forward and wrapped his arms around there frame. "haechanie wattayo," he said cutely.

   the once sitting turned around in surprise. "haechan?" jaehyun asked with a shocked expression on his face. "the one and only," donghyuck smiled. "what are you doing here? i thought you guys were really busy with your comeback in only three days," jaehyun spoke. donghyuck took a seat on his twin sized bed that was across from jaehyun's. "we get today off since we'll be practicing extra hard the next two days. we have to film the dance videos tomorrow and check out the pop up store," he listed the things on his fingers. "oh yeah, we also have to a variety show type thing and we have an interview with jaejae the day after that."

   jaehyun nodded in understanding. comeback season was always stressful and tiring, but the thought of czennies always made it better.  

   "if you only have today off, why'd you come to see me?" jaehyun asked. he and donghyuck were never the type to just hang out and chill. even though they were friends as well as members, they were roommates by force and not by choice. 

   donghyuck blushed with a smile. "i was hoping to talk to you for some advice," he mumbled sheepishly. when he looked up, he was met with jaehyun's stare. "this isn't about mark, is it?" he asked. donghyuck sighed, "i can't stop thinking about him."

   jaehyun ruffled his hair before looking donghyuck straight in the eye, "i know you guys aren't really on good terms right now." "how did you know?" donghyuck was genuinely surprised. he had never told jaehyun about the tension that he and mark had.

   "mark told johnny hyung and johnny hyung told me when we went out to get coffee this morning," jaehyun explained. "oh," donghyuck got butterflies as he imagined mark staying awake late in the night think about him just and donghyuck was. he shook his head to clear it of foolish thoughts. mark will never like you like that, he reminded himself. 

   before donghyuck could start daydreaming about mark, jaehyun cleared his throat to get his attention. "anyways," donghyuck snapped his head to his direction, "what i wanted to tell you is that you shouldn't be wasting your free day worrying or thinking about mark. hang out with taeil hyung or something and have fun."

   donghyuck knew that jaehyun was probably right, but he still wanted to protest. jaehyun looked at him sternly and donghyuck looked down with a defeated sigh. "fine, i'll go see what taeil hyung is up to," he headeed to the door.

   "haechan-ah," jaehyun said, causing donghyuck to pause in his tracks. "if it makes you feel any better, i'll talk to mark and see if i can help your situation without giving myself away," jaehyun said.

   donghyuck turned back to smile at jaehyun. "thanks hyung," he beamed before leaving. on his way out, he ran into doyoung who was walking alongside taeyong and taeil. "oh hey haechan. what are you up to?" taeyong asked.