⤷nine

donghyuck woke up the next morning with sunlight hitting him straight in the face. he squinted his eyes as he took in the scent around him. it smelled minty yet warm and comforting; like mark. he was confused why his bed smelled like mark as he got a huge headache. he groaned and clutched his head, closing his eyes. 

   a low chuckle was heard from very close next to him, that much he could tell. for the sake of understanding what was going on, he opened his eyes again. it took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the brightness but through his foggy vision, he could see a figure leaning against the closed door. "mark?" his voice was still husky from sleep and he wasn't exactly sure of the identity of the person watching him.

   "you slept well, i'm assuming," mark spoke, confirming donghyuck's suspicion. he could never get the voice wrong. "what's going on?" he groaned as the pain shot at his head once more. "take the pills with the water on the bedside table, you look like you need it," mark advised. donghyuck didn't miss how mark avoided his question but he wanted something to help get rid of the headache he had as soon as possible. 

   after taking the medicine, he sat up in the bed. his vision was slowly being restored and things weren't as foggy as they were before. "what happened yesterday?" he repeated his question from before. "we finished our shoot, right?" mark nodded, finally answering one of his questions. "what happened after that?" donghyuck questioned. mark had an amused smile on his face but decided he had anough fun picking at the younger.

   "we went out to eat and celebrate the end of our shoot and you got drunk on wine. everyone but jisung and i got drunk, i've already checked on everyone though. you definitely look the worst," he laughed. donghyuck shot him a glare. all though he was becoming more awake of his surroundings, his headache wasn't decreasing yet.

   "where am i?" he looked at mark curiously. he could tell now that mark was wearing a black hoodie and grey sweat pants. his black hair was damp and showed signs that he had dried it with the towel that was hanging on his left shoulder. "in a hotel," mark answered plainly.

   donghyuck wanted nothing more than to wack mark upside the head but due to his headache, he refrained. "no shit, sherlock. now, where am i?" he asked again. he honestly didn't want to be in a mood from the morning, but he couldn't help it when mark was acting that a dick and he was feeling pain in his head. 

   "you're in my bed," mark stated flatly. donghyuck's eyes widened as he loooked around him. sure enough, he was in mark's bed. but... why was he there? he realized that he wasn't just hallucinating when he thought he smelled mark's scent around him. donghyuck looked down at his clothes and recognized them to be mark's. he often wore mark's clothing, but hearing the story about them going to a restaurant didn't add up to why he'd be wearing mark's clothing. on top of that, they were extremely casual clothes.

   he lifted the fabric of the short to his nose and sniffed it. it smelled exactly like mark, meaning that he had worn it earlier before donghyuck did. "did you just smell my shirt?" mark raised an eyebrow at him. donghyuck rolled his eyes, "it's called research." the older seemed confused by what he meant but didn't push the topic. 

   even after thinking about it more thouroughly, donghyuck couldn't understand why he was dressed the way he was. "mark hyung, you said you were sober last night, right?" he asked. mark nodded, curious as to what the conversation was heading to. "when i was drunk, did you...," his voice trailed off as his cheeks tinted pink. "did i what?" mark pestered.

"when i was drunk... did you change my clothes?"

   the younger blushed and his vision fell to his hands that were fidgeting in his lap. he risked a glance at mark and noticed how he looked caught off gaurd by the question. "maybe," he rubbed his nape. "we were arguing about you drinking wine and you spilled some on yourself, so i changed your shirt to mine. as for your pants, i didn't want you to have to sleep in black leather pants, they seemed uncomfortable," mark explained clearly, like a kid who was trying to get out of trouble with their teacher.