2 | Mall

If you can't picture my description of the mall, this is kinda what I mean.

The mall wasn't too crowded today and Hinata was looking around for a new jacket

The mall wasn't too crowded today and Hinata was looking around for a new jacket. As he left the store, he heard a scream. He immediately looked up and saw a man pressing Komaeda against the railing of the second story since there was a big hole in the roof for design purposes.

"Everyone! Give me all your stuff or I'm blowing his brains out!" He screamed. Hinata ran into the nearest changing room and activated his suit. He quickly flew up, making sure to be quiet. Then, he punched the man in the face from the side, grabbed his gun and carried Komaeda a few meters away from him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, changing his voice so Komaeda wouldn't recognize him.

"M-mhm... thank you." He hugged him. Hinata's cheeks heated up. He pat Komaeda's head as he saw the police run up the stairs and put the man in handcuffs. Suddenly, Komaeda hugged him even tighter.

"Uh, what's up?"

"Do you know the ingredients for Kusamochi?"

"Huh?"

"I made some for my friend the other day, but I lost the recipe on the way a-and I only came here to buy new ingredients..." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I do know them. We can buy the stuff you need together if you want,"

Komaeda's eyes lit up. "Really?" He asked.

"Sure. Anything for a cutie like you!" He winked and smirked at him.

The pale boy blushed. "Cute..? Someone like you really shouldn't praise trash like me..."

"Trash?" Hinata tilted his head. "You don't look like trash to me. More like a treasure,"

"A-a treasure? You're embarrassing me..." Komaeda averted his gaze. A bunch of people were staring at them.

"I apologize if I made you uncomfortable. Perhaps I should get going. I'm sure you can figure out what your need for kusamochi." He smiled and pat Komaeda's shoulder. "See you around!" He then flew away.

"Wait!" But he didn't. He left Komaeda quite confused. Did he flirt with everyone like that?

A few minutes later, "coincidentally", Hinata walked up to Komaeda, not in his hero costume anymore.

"Ah! Hinata-kun! Why are you here?" Komaeda asked him.

"I just saw you and decided to greet you." He put a hand in his pocket. 'Act natural, Hajime, Act cool. You need to be cool.' He told himself.

"I see. Oh! I've gotta tell you something!"

"What is it?"

"The crow just talked to me!" Komaeda explained, smiling. "And he saved me from a robber! And he- uhm..."

"He what?"

"He, uhm, called me cute..." He whispered nervously. Hinata suppressed the urge to tell Komaeda that the crow wasn't wrong about that.

"He did?"

"Mhm! Truly, it's an honor. One that I'm not deserving of,"

"You're so dramatic. Anyway, is there something you're looking for?"

"None of your business!"

"Sorry?"

Komaeda's eyes widened. "I'm so sorry! It's just... you'll understand in a few days,"

That evening, the crow was flying through the city. Hinata enjoyed getting fresh air like that. He passed Komaeda's house and stopped flying. He could see Komaeda through the window, sitting on his bed, writing into a book. Of course, he didn't stare for long. Only about two seconds. As he was about to begin flying again, Komaeda noticed him and opened the window.

"Come over here!" He whisper-yelled. Hinata flew towards him.

"Can I help you?"

"I don't know, but I don't have anyone else to talk to right now. Come in." He stepped aside and the crow entered the room. It looked nice. The walls were a light green. It was a very organized and clean room for a teenager. His bed was made and the book he had been writing in was open on his bed.

Hinata then noticed a small poster of him. Well, not Hinata, but the crow. Komaeda saw what he was looking at and blushed.

"Don't stare!"

The crow chuckled and sat down on the bed. Komaeda did the same.

"So, is there something you need my help with?"

"You're a teenager too, aren't you? Without the costume and the powers, you're a normal human, right?"

"Pretty much,"

"Does it get exhausting having to keep your identity a secret?"

"It does, yeah. But I know it's important. I also like saving people, so I'll do anything to make sure I can keep doing it," He explained to him.

"I see. How amazing... I'm sure the person under this mask is someone very hopeful!" Komaeda smiled brightly.

Hinata's cheeks heated up. "Thank you..."

"Can I see who you really are under your mask?"

"Nope,"

"Pleeaase? I'll make it up to you!" Komaeda promised.

"How?"

"However you want! I'll give you money!"

"I don't need money,"

"Then you can do whatever you want with me!" Komaeda proposed.

"What?!" Hinata turned bright red.

"Like... you can sacrifice me or use me as a punching bag to train," He elaborated.

"Oh... that's what you meant,"

Komaeda nodded. "Yep. So? Please?"

"No." Hinata got up. "Not happening. I should go now. It's getting late and you have school tomorrow, don't you?"

"I don't wanna go to bed yet!" Before Komaeda could complain further, Hinata picked him up and laid him down on the bed. He covered his body with the blanket. "You're mean for a hero!"

"Good night!"

"No... will you come back tomorrow?"

Hinata smiled. "Sure." Then, he left.