Chapter 2: Portkey's and Tents

Start from the beginning

"I love you too, Mumma Bird." Raven said, returning the smile.

"Aww, that's sweet. You've got a nickname for her now too?" Mrs. Weasley said. "When did you come up with it?"

"What else was I supposed to do in Professor Binn's class." Raven said, causing everyone to laugh. Everyone knew how boring his class was. But what Raven said, was a lie. He didn't get the nickname from thinking about it in his class. He had gotten the nickname from the vison of his mother's death last year. He still hasn't told anyone the truth about it.

Raven had even gone to lengths on finding old articles in his mothers room when she wasn't home. He had found what Dolohov looks like, and saw names and faces of other Death Eaters from the war. If what he saw was going to happen, he had to be prepared. The more he knew about his enemies, the better chance he had at fighting them.

"George!" Mrs. Weasley said sharply.

"What?" George questioned, in an innocent tone that deceived nobody.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me!" Mrs. Weasley pointed her want at George's pocket and said, "Accio!" Several small, brightly colored objects zoomed out of George's pocket. He made a grab for them but missed, and they sped right into Mrs. Weasley's outstretched hand.

"We told you to destroy them!" Mrs. Weasley said furiously, holding up what were unmistakably more Ton-Tongue Toffees. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"

Mrs. Weasley used the Summoning Charm and managed to find all the toffees out of Fred and George's pockets. "We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted.

"Oh a fine way to spend six months!" Mrs. Weasley shrieked. "No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!"

Raven POV

After Mrs. Weasley's outbreak we departed. It was a chilly dawn morning, and I was excited about the Quidditch World Cup. After a bit of walking we heard a voice "Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it!"

Two tall figures were silhouetted against the starry sky on the other side of the hilltop. "Amos!" Mr. Weasley said, smiling as he strode over to the man who had shouted. The rest of us followed. They shook hands. "This is Amos Diggory, everyone. He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric?"

I smiled and waved at Cedric, and he returned it. It was great to see him again. "Long walk, Arthur?" Mr. Diggory asked.

"Not too bad." Mr. Weasley said. "We live just on the other side of the village there. You?"

"Had to at up at two, didn't we Ced?" Mr. Diggory said.

That sounds dreadful.

"All these yours, Arthur?" Mr. Diggory asked, looking at everyone.

"Yeah, cause we all have red hair." I mumbled, causing Mum to silently snort.

"Oh no, only the redheads." Mr. Weasley said. "I'm sure you know Wren Mordecur." He pointed to Mum. "And that's her son Raven." I waved.

"Mordecur." Mr. Diggory nodded at us.

"Diggory." Mum said nodding back. I guess Mum either didn't know him too well, or wasn't very fond of him.

"This is Hermione, friend of Ron's." Mr. Weasley said. "And Harry, another friend-"

"Merlin's beard." Mr. Diggory said, his eyes widening. "Harry? Harry Potter?"