Special Chapter 2: I'm Ready

Start from the beginning

------------------------

My feet sunk as soon as I stepped into the sand and I automatically breathe in the air, the soft breeze instantly calming me down. It's been a while since I went here.

I scan the seashore to look for my husband and there I saw him, standing near the log where we usually sit whenever we go here. He walked closer as I arrived but kept few feet away from me. Hands on his pocket, he stared at me and I reciprocate.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

He removed one of his hands from his pocket and outstretched it to me. "Come, I'll show you."

I hesitantly took his hand and he immediately intertwined our fingers as soon as our skin touch. As we walk along the seashore, I spotted a pick up truck from afar.

"A pick up truck?" I asked as I look at him. "Why do you have a pick up truck?"

He squeeze my hand lightly and look at me. "You'll see when we get closer."

As we got closer, I stared at the back of the pick up truck in confusion. There were several pillows and blankets and I am pretty sure there is even a mattress. It looks incredibly comfy.

"What is going on?" I asked but is still staring at the bed like back of the truck.

He hug me from behind and kiss my cheek. "Tonight, you and I will gaze the stars," he whispered.

"Now, come on," he said and hopped on the mattress and stretch his hand to me. "it's way cooler when you're lying down and looking up at the stars."

I smile at him and took his hand. I crawl under the blankets and lay down on the surprisingly soft mattress.

"They're beautiful," I breathed as I look up the sky.

Myungsoo lay down beside me and scooped my head so that his arm will serve as my pillow. I snuggle close to him and look up at the sky again.

"Sun-ji?" Myungsoo whispered and pressed his lips on my hair.

"Hmm?" I answered with my eyes close.

"I love you," he whispered on my hair.

I look up at him. "I'm sorry," I said and a tear fell from my eye. He immediately wiped it and tuck strands of hair behind my ear.

"You don't have to say sorry," he cupped my cheeks. "I understand you now. After remembering what happened to our first child, I understand now. I won't force you, Sun-ji. I'll wait until you're ready."

Tears immediately escaped nonstop from you eyes after hearing those words. I really am a lucky woman to have this man in my life. Thank you God for this blessing.

He placed his fingers on my chin and tip it up so that our eyes meet. He leans closer and kiss me softly, gently, like he is afraid he would hurt me.

I felt his arm wrap securely around my waist, pulling up against him. I burried my hands in his hair, moving as close to him, wanting to feel the warmth of his body. I felt his torso lift a little so that he's somehow on top of me. So that he can kiss me properly.

We both pulled away at the same time to come up for air. Panting from the breathtaking kiss, I cupped his cheek and stared at his dark orbs. I can see in his eyes that he really wants it to happen. I can also see something but I can't quite figure it out. Is he hurt? Am I hurting him? Who am I to hurt him?

"I want to take you right now but I'm out of protection," he breathed.

Who am I to be selfish and not give what my man wants after all of the sacrifices he had done to me? So without any hesitation, I start working on the buttons of his shirt. His hands immediately stop me.

"What are you doing? I told you I'm out of protection. I might not stop, Sun-ji," his voice is hoarse, his eyes widen, mouth slightly ajar.

"Then don't," I gulped and stared at him, making sure that he gets what I want to say.

I continue to unbutton his shirt. "I'm ready," I whispered and slid the shirt off his shoulders. He immediately tensed up as soon as I touch his bare chest.

"Are you sure?" he gulped. "I don't want you to think you have to do this to prove a point."

"I'm ready, Myungsoo. Take me," I whispered.

His lips curled up and formed a smile and I saw something glisten on the edge of his eyes. Are those tears? He really is waiting for this to happen.

I smile at him as well and when he's still hesitant, I hook my arms around his neck and pull him closer so that out lips meet again.

We move gently, both hesitant towards each other knowing that what we're about to do is something that will change our relationship as husband and wife.

I'm sure now. I'm really sure that I'm ready now. I might be afraid that I won't be able to do the responsibilities as a mother but I'm sure, always sure, that Myungsoo will be there to support and help me. Forever.