chapter eleven

Scarlett

I've been in Whitedale three weeks already and I have loved every minute of it.

Since mine and Brody's first time being intimate, let's just say we have had a lot of sleepovers since then at his house and everytime I can feel myself falling deeper for him.

Charlotte and Justin's wedding is only a few weeks away that means I only have under a month left here. I have spent so much time with my best friend that I didn't actually realize how much I've missed her.

And as for my time with Brody, well he definitely knows how to treat a woman right. The amount of care he shows me daily is something I always wanted. Something that one day I wished to have.

"Here's your coffee honey."

"Thanks Ann."

"You're Brody's girlfriend right? He was talking about how you're back in town."

"Oh-"

"You two make a real cute couple you know, your babies will be beautiful!"

"Oh wow. Uh- thank you?" I grab my coffee from the counter and make a fast exit.

Girlfriend? Babies? He's been talking about me to people?

I know I really like him but we haven't had that chat yet. Plus, I don't live here, how can any relationship survive that?

I make my way to Charlotte's, in need of a major talk before I get too in my head about this.

"Hey, can I talk to you about something?" I set my bag down on the kitchen counter and place my hands either side of it.

"Have you and Brody had amazing sex again?" Charlotte wriggles her brows at me.

I regret telling her about that.

"Actually, it's what he's been telling everyone."

"Hmm, I don't think Brody is one to gossip Scar."

"Well how did Ann from the coffee shop know that I was back in town? And that me and him are a couple? And that our babies will be beautiful?"

"I mean, aren't you a couple?"

"No. We are just hanging out."

"Scar-"

"We can't be a couple Charlotte, I don't live here remember."

"Scarlett-"

"I don't want a relationship okay, I told you me and Brody are just hanging out and-"

"Scar-"

"Stop saying my name!" I look at Charlotte who is hiding behind her coffee mug, her eyes not on me.

"What the hell are we then Scarlett."

I freeze when I hear his voice. My eyes grow wide as I spin around. Justin is stood there, shocked, and Brody's back is to me, walking out the door.

"Shit."

I run after him, my heart twinges at the thought of him hearing my words.

"Brody! Brody please wait. Please!"

His hands push through his hair as he turns to face me. Hurt and confusion apparent on his face.

"Is that what we're doing Scarlett? 'Hanging out'?!"

He's so fucking angry at me right now.

"Every time we've had sex, or you've stayed in my home, or you've spent time with me and Colby! What, we were just hanging out?!"