PROLOGUE

"Milan asther." Says the teacher looking up, I quickly raise my arm to be seen since I'm sitting in the back.

"Your partner is going to be Bryson Johnson." I felt my heart jump in my chest, Bryson has been my crush since eighth grade.

In addition to being handsome, he is kind, intelligent, it is very easy to talk to him about anything; I guess that's why I like him since I met him, he was the first person with whom I didn't feel weird having a conversation.

I make my way to his place and when I'm finally next to it I see that there's someone who hasn't moved from Bryson's side yet.

"Excuse me." I say touching his shoulder and when he finally pays attention to me, I continue. "I think your partner is over there." I say pointing.

With a bored look, he gets up from his seat, when he finally does, he lowers his head a little to whisper in my ear. "You're  down bad."

"Fuck off, Luka." I flicked him off as he walks toward his partner, snickering.

I finally sit down next to Bryson who is looking at me amused.

"what did he say?" he asks.

"Nothing important." I say with a smile that he returns.

"I'm relieved that you're my partner- I mean the fact that it's so easy for me to work with you makes us a very good team." 

I was trying not to smile so big but I wanted so badly to do it.

"You'd be fine, you're really good at biology anyway."

"Yes, because you were my tutor, you remember?" He says smirking at me.

"How could I forget?" I say, this time I couldn't help but smile.

Before he could say anything else, the teacher's voice interrupted us. "Very good class, now I want you all to pay close attention to what you are going to do."

...

When leaving biology class I went to my locker, I was happy ass hell; we talked so much that the teacher had to call us out, It was a bit embarrassing but it was worth it.

Just as I was about to leave I heard a familiar voice calling my name, So I turn to see who it is.

Bryson.

Oh my God.

"Hi." It's the only thing I say when he's finally in front of me.

Weird ass

"Hi." He says with a small chuckle, then he  clears his throat. "I was thinking, if you feel comfortable of course, would you give me your number? You know for the project and all that."

"Ye- Yeah sure." I say trying to sound as calm as possible while I put my number on his phone.

"That's great, so... see you later, okay?"

"Yeah, see you later."