Kitchen confessions

"whats your problem" 

"you."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Me and clay enter the large house, i decide i cannot face nick right now whatever has him in a pissy attitude right now, i dont care because i simply cant deal with it especially after today.

I head straight up to my room and got changed into my pyjamas, i turn on my phone seeing messages and missed calls from layla, out of pure anger and adrenaline, i blocked her and just like that- i had officially cut off all of my family members.

Theres a knock on the door and after yelling 'come in' george walks in.

"clay mentioned that dinner didnt go too well, im sorry" 

"thanks Georgie" i say with a smile and he comes over to hug me.

A simple hug, however it told me so much, that family isnt only blood, its the people that show you all the love you deserve, the people you know will never leave you, the people who give the word 'comfort' a definition for only you to understand.

Eventually i get up and head downstairs because now I'm hungry.

I walk into the living room and plonk down on the couch between nick and clay.

"you okay?" Clay says, facing me

"yep all good now just hungry" 

"if you want we can order food, george and nick haven't had dinner yet either" 

"sure"

We order chinese food and i order honey chicken with rice and a coke.

"oh our costumes arrive tomorrow" i say to clay as i get the amazon notification on my phone.

"ooh what are you dressing up as" nick finally adds to the conversation.

"clay is going as a mafia leader and im going as his maid" 

"that doesnt make sense" 

Okay but your opinion is irrelevant. Better not say that out loud i cant have another argument today.

"fair, but it works i guess"

We eat our food after it arrives and watch an episode of greys anatomy.

At some point i've fallen asleep on the sofa, yet again.

I wake up the next morning at like 7 to someone dropping something in the kitchen. I get up and walk into the kitchen to see nick standing on his tippy toes after dropping a cup on the floor, i grab the dust pan and brush from the cupboard above the fridge and hand it to him.

As hes sweeping up the shards of the green ceramic cup off the floor he speaks up. "sorry if i woke you'

"you did, but its fine, why are you awake so early" 

"i havent slept, thats why i was about to make a coffee because if i sleep now ill mess up my sleep schedule'

"fair enough" i say as i kneel down to pick up the handle of the mug from the kitchen tiles. 

"be careful"

I smile at him and continued to carefully pick up some of the larger pieces up.

"why were you in such a mood with me yesterday?"

"huh" 

"you were in such a mood with me, like for no clear reason, i just wanna know why."

Nick takes a breath fully sitting down, his back leaning against the drawers, he slides the dustpan over and motions for me to sit beside him, i follow suit and sit beside him.

"i dont know" 

"well theres clearly something sooo..." I pause. "what is your problem?"

"you" he says, no longer looking out into the hallway but this time staring directly into my eyes, his stare wasnt harsh, it was soft and delicate. 

"what?"

"i tried surpressing the feelings i had for you, so i pretended to hate you again, you know, fake it till you make it type beat, but it only made things worse because well, i missed my best friend."

As he rambled on nervously i tried to gather myself, my thoughts, he has feelings for me? What? Okay? I no longer felt tense and panicked, i now felt relieved and honestly over joyed.

"y/n? Please say something" 

I zoned back in to the conversation, but i couldnt use my words. 

I held my hand just behind his neck, and pulled his face towards mine, our lips being just centimetres apart, i knew this would be my only way of showing him how i felt, i fully leaned in and connected our lips quickly pulling away, but before i pulled too far back, he had leaned in again pulling me in for a longer kiss.

His lips were soft and his top lip fit perfectly between mine, i could feel the slight tingle of his stubble brush against my top lip, as soon as our lips had met my stomach had filled with millions of butterflies, i felt safe in his arms, i felt at home.

The feeling was everything ive needed. If i could bottle this feeling up and get drunk on it forever i would.

When we parted our lips, both slightly breathless, the sound of movement upstairs caused us to snap out of our moment.

I stood up quickly, too quickly and my iron deficiency kicked in , but as soon as i had recollected myself i sped out of the kitchen and up the stairs. 

"morning" clay says to me through a yawn on the landing.

"morning"

I head straight into my bathroom, catching a look at myself in the mirror, my lips and cheeks were a rosy red and a small smudge of mascara sat under my eyes from the day before. 

Hopping into the shower, my brain finally comprehended what just happened.

Holy shit.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ayyyy im finally uploading again,

THEY KISSED FINALLYYYY WOOO

i still have some more ideas and an ending to write, ill work on them tomorrow.

Thanks for reading i love you loads and please take care of yourself <33