Chapter Twenty-Two

June 13th 2022 - Brooklyn - Sage and Blue's Apartment

"That blonde chick is outside!" Sage called through the apartment, I'm assuming he was in the lounge as he'd have a perfect view of the street from there. I moved over to my window and looked out, she was smoking leaning against her car. It was still early in the morning, but we had a two-hour drive to get to her parent's house. "B, you're friends waiting," He tells me coming into my room. Did he not think I heard him the first time? "I can see that and I'm getting my things together," I tell him, gesturing to my bed where I had laid out everything I needed. "I'm heading out with Felix...When you home?" He asked me. "Late tonight more than likely." He nodded.

"Blue?" "Yeah?" I answered not looking up as I pushed my belongings into my bag. "Thanks for last night," He says sincerely.  "No problem, don't let it happen again okay," I warned looking over my shoulder at him, he wore a guilty expression. "Have a good day, stay out of trouble." I said, adding a smile at the end so he knew I wasn't mad at him. "I will." I continued to pack my bag but soon after I felt Sage holding me so I straightened up and turned in his arms. "I'm sorry." He whispered to me. "It's fine... I got your back," I tell him, meaning it. He nodded before pulling away from me, he cupped my face brushing his fingers over my cheekbones. "Love you, B." "Love you, S." With that, he left and I continued to sort myself out. In my defence, Mary-Kate was early and she still hadn't told me she had arrived. I knew this was because she wanted to smoke before I got in the car with her because two hours driving with me meant she wouldn't light one whilst we drove.

"BlueBell?" I frowned hearing my name being called, I walked out of my room and found MK standing in our hallway. "Sage told me to come up, and said you weren't ready yet." She pointed over her shoulder towards the door. "You are early." I pointed out. I took pride in the fact I wasn't late for things. "I know, I was ready early and didn't want to wait around," She defended and I nodded. I looked around, the apartment still wasn't unpacked but we did have furniture in the lounge now. "I would offer you coffee but I think Sage used the last of it," I scratched the back of my neck feeling slightly uncomfortable as she was standing in here. "It's fine, we can stop for some on the way." I nodded.

Sage didn't think this through when he told her to come up. I let her go into my room and her eyes scanned it, probably judging how I lived. I still didn't have a bed frame, the only thing actually set up was my desk where my sewing machine sat and my dummy had a dress I was working on pinned together. My clothes hung on a simple rail in one corner and I had a pile of fabric on the floor by it. My room was tidy but it wasn't done and it was nowhere as nice as her apartment that's for sure.

"We've not unpacked yet," I say referring to the boxes pushed against the wall. She was drawn to the dummy no longer observing the room. "Nice setup." She skimmed her hand over my things. "Thanks." "Clearly your priorities are correct. Having your mini studio set up before your bed" She chuckled, she wasn't judging me and that made me relax a little. I went back to putting my things in my bag. "Are you sure it's okay for me to come today?" I asked, I didn't want to turn up to a family event as the only friend and a new friend nevertheless. "Yeah, it's fine. I told my parents the other day." I nodded believing her without hesitation.

I finished putting my stuff away and turned to see her touching the cover of my sketchbook, looking over at me. She has been trying to get me to show her my designs since we started hanging out, she was looking at me with doe eyes. I shot her a warning look. "Please, it's my birthday," She said, adding a pout. "Your birthday doesn't mean you get to invade my privacy, let's go," I tell her, going over to the desk and placing my hand on the cover. "Go on." I pointed and she just laughed at me as she exited the room. I put my Sketchbook on the shelf with my folders from work and followed her out. I locked the apartment up and she waited beside me.