Chapter 8: Changes

Comincia dall'inizio

"She's upstairs, packing up a few more toys. Come in, I want to talk to you anyways." Lauryn opened the door wider so that Jordan could step in

"What's going on?" Jordan asked curiously as Lauryn closed and locked the door

Jordan was used to picking Jordyn up, saying hi and bye to Lauryn, and leaving. The fact that she invited him into her home caught him off guard and made him very curious as to what she wanted to talk about. From Jordan's perspective, his and Lauryn's co-parenting relationship was in a great space for once and he hoped that she wasn't about to mess that up.

"Calm down Jordan, it's nothing negative." Lauryn laughed as she walked into the living room and sat on the couch

Jordan followed her and sat on the smaller sofa that was a few inches away from the couch that Lauryn sat on. He took in her appearance and noticed that she had gotten her hair braided down in stitch braids into a bun in the back, she wore a black nike shirt with the matching sweat pants, and a pair of white nike socks covered her feet. Her dark brown melanin skin was glowing, and her brown almond shaped eyes sparkled, Lauryn looked happy.

"What's up with you Lauryn? You got this glow to you. I haven't seen you shining like this since you were pregnant with Jordyn." Jordan expressed

Lauryn laughed showing off her almost straight teeth that were covered with braces, "Sound like you trying to play me. I know I look good!"

"Shit, I never said you didn't." Jordan shrugged his shoulders "Talk to me, what's up?" He gave her his undivided attention

Lauryn took a deep breath, "Well I've been seeing someone."

"What, like dating?" Jordan asked

Lauryn nodded her head, "Yeah, we've been dating for about 3 months now."

Jordan nodded his head, he wasn't surprised that Lauryn was dating someone. She was a beautiful woman and she had a lot going for herself, she had her cosmetology and business license and was the owner of one of the most popular beauty salons in the city, Hair and Glamour. Lauryn was a certified hustler, not only did she do hair and makeup, she also taught classes on how to do braids, wig installs, natural hair, and make up. Her business was doing extremely well and Jordan was not only happy for her, but he was also proud of her. He of all people knew how hard Lauryn worked to get to where she was today. He remembered the days back in high school when she was doing hair out of her mama's kitchen. Jordan saw firsthand how Lauryn evolved into the woman she was today and it was a beautiful sight to see.

"Does he make you happy? You look happy." Jordan genuinely stated

Lauryn smiled causing her dimples to appear, "He does. He makes me very happy, he cares about me, Jordan."

Jordan smirked, "You say that like I don't care about you."

Lauryn rolled her eyes, "Not as much as you care about your music."

Jordan sighed. Although he and Lauryn were young when they had Jordyn, he did love Lauryn and truly did care about her. Hell, she was the mother of his child, she gave him the best gift he could ever ask for. They were just polar opposites and back then they were still trying to figure out who they were and what they wanted out of life. Their life paths just didn't align with each other, and adding a baby to that equation just made shit tens times harder. Lauryn loved and cared for Jordan just as much as he did her, but she would never forget the times that Jordan put his music career before her. The two decided years ago that they were better off as friends and coparents.

"Let's not even go down that road Lauryn, it never ends well." He looked at her

Lauryn shrugged her shoulders, "You right. Anyways, I want to introduce my boyfriend to Jordyn."