Chapter 35

For the first time since Hailey passed away they decided to finally go through her stuff. Her mom asked Luvas to help her clean out her room. They started with her clothes and everything from her closet. Lucas was pulling out some of her clothes that he was going to keep even though none of it would fit me besides her beanies he wanted to always remember her by. He pulled hee favorite beanie over his head and sat on her bed. He started crying because it has only been a week since her funeral and he can't handle it. He's not mad at her for leaving he just hates that he didn't get more time with her. How can such a perfect person go through something so horrible. After a while he got up and started going through the bag that was from when they went to Lauren's log cabin. He was almost done when a stack of letters fell out of the bag. He picked them up and took them to the living room where everyone else was.

  "Hey I found some letters in Hailey's bag that were addressed to us. She must have written them while we were at the log cabin." Lucas said. He sat beside Alexis and started handing out the letters. There was even one in here for Zach. He sat it on the table and decided to give him a call.

  "Hey man how are you holding up?" He asked Lucas.

  "Not well. We were going through Haileys's things and I found a letter that was addressed to you. I was calling to see if you would come over to get it." He told him.

  "Yeah I will come over to get it. I was already going to see if I could come over because I knew that you have not been holding up well. I am so sorry that I have been distant lately." He said. They said goodbye and hung up. Lucas opened the letter and started reading it.

  After he finished reading it he went to put it back in the envelope that it was in but some pictures fell out of it. One of the pictures was of him and Hailey on our date. All of the pictures were of the two of them smiling and having a fun time. Two of them were from before he found out she was sick. One of them was from when they went to the carnival and the other was from when they went to a restaurant with Lauren and Niall. The third one was from after the championship game that they got Hailey to come to. He thought one of their parents took it because it was from after they left the school when their parents were talking in the parking lot. Shee looks so happy in the photos. Lucas started sobbing into my hands. He feel two pairs of arms wrap around him. He look up to see Lauren and Niall both hugging me. They were both crying as well.

  "Hey I know that it is hard right now but it will get better we promise. We will help you get through this." Lauren told me. He nodded and hugged them back. The door opened and Zach ran over to them and joined in the hug.

  "Hey Zach." Lucas said when they broke out of the hug. Alexis and Lucas' mom had both left the room. They went back to his house because Alexis has not been able to stay in the house since Hailey had passed away. He touched the locket around his neck. Hailey had given it to his for his birthday and he have not taken it off since then. He opened it up and looked at the picture inside of it. His eyes started to well up with tears again and someone hugged him.

  "Hey she loved you so much Lucas. I could tell by the way that she looked at you when he thought you were not looking." Zach told him.

  "I know. I just feel like she didn't deserve this. She was the most kind loving person that I have ever known and yet ahe had to go through this. I hate to think that this happened to her." He told him. He hugged him and buried his face into his neck. He felt like he was going to cry but he has cried so much these last two weeks that he can no longer cry. He went back to the couch that Niall and Lauren were sitting on and he sat down beside them. They were both reading the letter that Hailey wrote for them and looking at the pictures that were in their letters. It is going to be so hard without her but he know that with all of them together they would be able to.

  Lucas went to finish going through her room because he promised her mom that he would get it all packed up for her. When he was finishing it his phone started to ring. He answered it without checking who it was.

  "Hello is this Lucas?" The person on the other line asked.

  "Yes this is but can I please ask who this is." I said.

  "Oh I am sorry my bad. This is Samuel. I own a music company and I was wondering if you and you friends would like to become a band and let me manage you. I saw videos of your performance two weeks ago and I think that you three have some potential." He told him.

  "I'm sorry. I don't know if we can. You see we were singing for a friend of ours who was dying of cancer. It was her birthday and we wanted to do something special for her. She died that day as well."

  "That is fine. If you or any of the others change their mind let me know. You have my number and you know where to find me." He said before he hung up. Lucas know that he promised Hailey that he would do that but he can't do it right now. He just lost his best friend and soulmate. He was not ready to move on with his life yet.