Chapter 10

When Lauren woke up Niall was not laying beside her but she assumed that he got up to get something to eat. She passed Hailey's room and saw Hailey was asleep on Lucas' chest. Lucas was awake and he looked at Lauren. She could not help but smile at how cute the two of them were. She hated that Hailey had cancer she is such a good person that she does not deserve it. She walked into the kitchen and found Alexis cooking and Niall sitting at the table bugging her.

  "Niall are you bugging Alexis?" Lauren asked him.

  "No. We were just talking about Hailey before they moved here. Did you know that she used to be in choir?" He asked her.

  "No I did not know that. Hailey does not really talk before he moved here." She told him.

  "Yeah he used to be in choir. He used to say that he wanted to tryout for the x factor but he never got to do it before we moved here." Alexis said.

  "That's cool. Why did she not take choir when she moved here?" Lauren asked.

  "I don't know. I asked her why and hse said that she did not feel like singing anymore." She said.

Lauren heard someone come down the stairs and turned around to find Lucas standing in the doorway. He sat down beside Niall and he joined in in the conversation.

  "Is Hailey coming down to breakfast?" Alexus asked.

  "I don't think so. When she woke up he started throwing up. She went to go lay back down after she was done because she was not feeling well but she asked me to grab her some breakfast." He told her.

  "Hey I wanted to thank you three for being there for Hailey. I don't know if she told you this or not but last time she did not have any close friends like you three. She only had one person that she talked to at school and she was not there for her when she needed someone." She said.

  "Of course we would be there for her. She is a really good friend to us and we want to be a really good friend to her as well right guys." Lauren said.

  "Yeah. I am going to go back up to Hailey. I will see you later. Hailey said he wanted to do something today but I don't know if she will feel up to it." Lucas told them.

  "He may. Lately he has been feeling really sick in the mornings but by lunch he is bouncing off the walls again. He probably will want to do something later ." Alexis told us.

  Niall and Lauren decided to go check up on Hailey as well. They all decided to sit in the living room and watch some movies until Hailey was feeling better. They decided to go walk around town for a little bit. Zach decided that he wanted to hang out with them as well. After they met up with him Hailey explained to him what he told everyone and they all walked around town for a while before Hailey decided that she was not feeling great again so they headed back to her house.

  "Hey Zach. Are you going to stay or are you running back to your girlfriend again." Lauren joked.

  "Actually I was going to stay if that is alright with you Hailey. I have not been hanging out with you lot lately and I think I should hang out with you more." Zach said.

  "Of course I don't mind you staying. I'm sure my mom will be happy that you are going to stay the night. She has been wanting to meet you because you are the only one that she has not met yet." Hailey said.

They walked back to her house and all piled into Hailey's bed to watch some movies. Hailey's mom had made some popcorn and brought them up some drinks. Lauren's dad kept asking me if Hailey was alright and she was telling him that she was doing better. She did not want to tell him everything that Hailey had told me because it's not her business to tell him.

  "Hey how you feeling Hailey?" Her mom asked when she came to check up on them.

  "I'm feeling fine mom. You don't have to keep checking on my every ten minutes. I am not a baby." Hailey told her mom.

  "I know. I am just worried about you. I know last time you got pretty sick from the treatment."

  "Mom I am fine. I don't feel sick anymore. I only felt sick this morning and now I am fine."

  "Okay. If any of you boys need me I will be downstairs." Her mom said before she left.

  "She is probably going to be in here at least twenty more times before we go to sleep. She seems to check on my a lot more now that we have found out that the cancer has returned." Hailey told them.

  "Well she is just showing you that she cares about you. She could be the kind of mom that ignores you all the time." Lauren told hee.

  "I know. I like that she checks up on me a lot." She said.

They turned the movie back on and continued watching it. All of them eventually ended up falling asleep in Hailey's bed. Lauren woke up sometime in the night and took Niall into the guest room because all five of them could not possibly sleep comfortably in one bed. Lauren fell back asleep but she ended up getting woken sometime later hearing someone to the bathroom and slam the door.

  "What was that noise?" Niall asked.

  "I think someone ran to the bathroom. I think it was Hailey. I am going to go check on who ever they are you go back to bed." She told Niall.

  "Okay. Hurry up because I want to go back to cuddling." Niall told her.

She got up and walked to the bathroom to find Hailey getting sick. Lauren sat beside her and started rubbing circles into her back. Once she finished she leaned against Lauren and she sat there with her until she knew she was done. She picked her up and carried her to her room and laid her back in bed with Lucas.

  "Hey is she okay?" Lucas asked sleepily.

  "Yeah I think she is fine now. I woke up to her getting sick. I sat in there with her until she was done then I brought her to bed." Lauren told him.

  "Okay. You can go back to bed. I will watch after hom now." Lucas told her and she went back to bed to find Niall already asleep again. She climbed back in beside Niall and fell back asleep.