Chapter 3

Lucas watched Hailey get out of the car and walk inside her house. The minute she was out of earshot Niall and Lauren bombarded me with questions.

  "So when were you going to tell us that she is that cute." Lauren said.

  "Why are you even saying that. I thought that you and Niall were dating." Lucas said.

  "We are but I am talking about you. It has been two years since you broke it off with your last girlfriend and you still have not found anyone. But I saw you staring at her while you were on the field. You can not tell me that her curly hair and green eyes and dimples are not cute." She told him.

  "Alright I do think she is cute but I don't think that she thinks the same about me alright."

  "Well why don't you ask her. You will never know until you ask her how she feels about you." Niall said.

  "I'm not going to ask her that is weird. Would you want someone you just met a day ago asking you if they think yiu are hot?" Lucas asked him.

  "Actually I would not care. I have always known that I was hot." He told me.

  "Well that's you I am not going to ask her." He said when there was a knock at the door.

  Lucas opened it and Hailey was standing there. He let her in and the four of them sat on the couch to watch a movie. Because it was almost october they watched a horror movie. They decided to ask Lucas' mom if they could order pizza because they were starting to get hungry.

  "Sure just tell me what toppings you want and I will get them. I know what you three want. What would you like Harry?" She asked Hailey.

  "I will eat what ever they want. I am not very picky when it comes to eating." She said.

  "Okay I am going to order it. You three go do something and I will call you when it gets here." His mom said.

  "How about we go kick the ball around my back yard." Lucas say to them.

  "Yeah that will be fun." Niall said.

  "We can play in teams of two. Hailey and Lucas against Niall and I." Lauren suggested.

  "Yeah I have some practice goals and the first ones to ten goals wins." Lucas tells them walking to the garage.

  He walked in the garage and moved some of the boxes they have in there to get to his soccer stuff. Hailey offered to help him carry them out there. He handed her one and grabbed the other while Lucas grabbed the ball. Niall was of course eating a bag of chips. It seems like he always has food on him.

  "Now that we have it all set up come on. Hailey you are with me. We will beat them because they will be too busy getting lost in each other's eyes to pay attention." Lucas joked.

  "Hey that's not true. I don't get lost in his eyes when we are out on the field for our team at school." Lauren said.

  "That's because the coach is your dad and he will smash your heads together if you did."

  "Hey Lucas can I ask you something?" Hailey asked him while Niall and Lauren got ready.

  "Yeah of course what's up?" He asked her.

  "Well it's about what you said. Are they together?"

  "Yeah they have been together for three years now.If you have any questions like that don't be afraid to ask any of us because you will never offend any of us with questions." Lucas told him.

  By the time their pizza arrived Hailey and Lucas have Lauren and Niall beat by six to three.

  "We win." Lucas told Lauren when they walked inside.