Chapter 8

There has been something different about Hailey. She has had two appointments in the last two weeks she keeps telling Lucas that everything is okay but he has a feeling she is hiding something from him. When they walked out onto the fields for practice she was talking with coach. When everyone got out there they quit talking then she started warming up with everyone. They finished practice and Lucas decided to see if she wanted a ride home.

  "Hey Hails do you want a ride home today?" Lucas asked her.

  "Sure. I will text my mom and tell her you offered me a ride home." She told him.

  Okay. I will finish changing. Meet me by my car when you are done." Lucas him him as she walks out of the locker room.

  For weeks now Lucas been wanting to ask hailey to by his girlfriend but he has chickened out every time. She is going to do it tonight though. He walked out to his car and Hailey was leaning against it.

  "Hey you ready to go?" Lucas asked her.

  "Yeah. My mom told me she is going to be late tonight so I will be by myself for a while." Hailey told her.

  "If you want you can come over to my house. We can drive to school together tomorrow because we have early practice for our game tomorrow." He told her.

  "I'll ask my mom but that will be fun." She told him.

They stopped to grab some dinner before they headed to Lucas' house because Hailey's mom said that she can stay the night at his house. After they ate they headed to Lucas' house. His mom ran down the stairs when they got there to hug Hailey.

  "Hey your son is standing right here." Lucas told her.

  "I know but I like Hailey better than you." She said.

  "Wow. My own mom likes my friend better than me." Lucas said acting hurt.

  "What ever come here. I love you too Lucas." She said hugging him.

Lucas looked over her shoulder and saw Hailey laughing at him. They walked up to Lucas' room and worked on the homework then they watched a movie.

  "Hey it's starting to get late how about we go to bed." Hailey said.

  "Yeah. I have some clothes that you can wear to bed if you want to borrow some." Lucas told her grabbing some clothes.

Sge went into the bathroom to go changes and Lucas decided that before they went to sleep that he would ask her to be his girlfriend. Hailey left the bathroom and walked back into the room.

  "Okay you ready for bed?" She asked him.

  "Yeah. Before we go to bed I have a question for you." Lucas told her.

  "Okay. What's up."

  "Well I already told you that I liked you so I wanted to ask if you would be my gilfriend?" Lucas asked her.

Lucas asked her and she froze. Hailey did not say anything for a while. Lucas started to think that it was a bad idea to ask him. She ran over to him and jumped into him arms. Lucas fell back onto his bed.

  "Yes. I would love to be your girlfriend. My mom has been bugging me about asking you to be my boyfriend." Hailey told him.

  "Wait really? Did you tell her about us talking about liking each other." He asked her.

  "Yeah I did. Ever since she has been telling me to telling me to ask you out."

  "Well now you can tell her to leave you alone because I already asked you."