Chapter 20

Hailey woke up the next morning laying on the couch. She must have fallen asleep on the couch during the movie. She looked around for her mom and she was not in the living room anymore. Hailey found her asleep in her room. She decided that she was going to make her some breakfast. She went and pulled out some eggs and bacon before she pulled out some pans.

  "What are you making?" Her mom asks from behind her almost making her drop the pan in her hands.

  "I was making you some breakfast before you scared me and almost made me drop it on the floor." She told her.

  "That is pay back for you scaring me last night."

  "I did not scare you on purpose I thought you had heard me walk in."

  "Of course I didn't hear you if I had I would have asked you how you were doing. Anyways when are you going over to Lucas'?"

  "He said to go over there at one."

  "Okay. When you go over there I am going to walk with you because I am going to start planning the party with Jay. Have you asked any of your other friends if they want to come yet?"

  "No I have not asked them yet. I have not talked to anyone other than Lucas about it yet and I only told him about it yesterday because he called me first."

  "Well I need to know who else is going to come so that I know how many people I am cooking for." She told her as she put her empty plate in the sink.

  "After I clean up the dishes I will call Niall and Lauren and see if they want to come over okay." Hailey told her as she began washing up the dishes. Once she finished she saw that it was only 11 o'clock so she went upstairs to grab my phone from my room. She decided to call Lauren because she knew that she was probably going to be awake.

  "Hey Hails whats up?" Lauren asked when she picked up.

  "Not much but my mom wanted me to call you and ask if you and your family would like to come over for a party on Christmas Eve." She told her.

  "Yeah one sec I will ask my mom." She heard muffled talking in the background before she started talking into the phone again." Yeah my mom said we could go to your Christmas Eve party. Who else is going?"

  "So far I have only asked you and Lucas but I am going to ask Niall and a few people from the team to come as well."

  "Okay my mom said to tell her if your mom needs any help with anything and she will be happy to help." She told her. They said goodbye and hung up then Hailey decided to call Niall next. It rang a few times before he picked up.

  "Hey Hails do you need anything or are you interrupting my sleep for nothing." He said.

  "First it is almost twelve and second I was going to ask if you wanted to come over to my house on Christmas Eve for a party. Lucas and Lauren are coming and I am also going to invite a few people from the soccer team as well." She told him.

  "I have one question. Will there be food at the party?" Hailey laughed at him.

  "Of course there will be food. It is a party what kind of party does not have food."

  "I have been to a party without food before. I will come though."

  "Okay. You can invite your family as well." She told him. They said goodbye and hung up.

   She called the rest of the people she was going to invite and told her mom how many of them said they would come. She looked at the clock on her bedside table and she saw that it was almost twelve thirty so she decided to start getting ready. She threw on a white T-shirt and a pair of ripped skinny jeans and pulled her hat on her head before heading down the stairs. Her mom was sitting on the couch when she got down there.

  "Are you ready to go?" She asked her standing up. Hailey nodded and they both walked out the door to Lucas' house. When they got there they knocked on the door and Jay opened the door and told them to come inside.

  "Lucas should be down here in a minute. He has been working on this all day but he will not tell me what he is planning." Jay told Hailey.

  "Hey Hails you ready to go?" Lucas asked when he came down the stairs. Hailey nodded and he led her out to his car.

  "So where are we going?" She asked him after they both got in the car.

  "I am not going to tell you it is a surprise. We will be there soon. Lets listen to the radio until we get there." He told her and turned on the radio. They drove for about ten minutes before Lucas stopped. He reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a blindfold and put it on her.

  "Why did you just blindfold me lou?" She asked him.

  "Because I am talking you to your surprise now stop complaining and take my hand so that I can lead you to the surprise." He told her as he grabbed her hand and started leading her down a path. They were walking for a while before she ran into what felt like a tree. Lou apologized a few times before they started walking again.

  "Okay stand right here and take off your blindfold when I tell you to." Lucas said walking away from her.

  She could hear music start to play and movement in frot of her but she listened to Lucas and kept the blindfold on until he told her to take it off. When she took it off she saw a lot of fairy lights in a tree and a blanket laid out on the ground. There was a picnic laid out in front of her. She could still hear music playing.

  "Lucas this is so beautiful how did you get all of this set up?" She asked him.

  "Well I had some help. I got Niall and Lauren to help me set it all up this morning." He told her.

  "So they were out here helping you when I called them."

  "Yeah they were but I told them they could not tell you what they were doing."

  "That little leprechaun lied to me when I called him. He told me that he was asleep."

  "That I did not tell him to say. I told him to tell you that him and Lauren were out on a date."

  "You told them to lie to me."

  "Yeah but let's get our date started." He told her as he sat down on the blanket.

  He patted the spot beside him  for her to sit and she did. Everything was going great until it started to rain. Lucas tried to run back to his car but Hailey grabbed his hand and they started dancing around in the rain. They went back to his house and they were soaked to the bone. They both took warm showers and went to watch a movie in his room while their moms were watching tv in the living room.