Chapter 31

Once every one was done taking pictures of their bears Niall decided that he was going to go take a walk. He grabbed my phone and headed out the door after telling Lucas and Lauren were he was going. He wanted to take a walk because he knew that Hailey was getting sicker and he hate to think like that in front of the others. He sat by a tree and before he knew it he was crying.

  he started wiping the tears away but more kept coming the more he thought about it. He pulled his phone out and started to look at all of the pictures that he has taken with Hailey. An amazing idea came to his mind. He decided that he was going to get all of the pictures that tgey have taken with Hailey and put them together and make a video for her but he would need the other two to help him. He realized that he had been gone an hour so he stood up and started heading back to the cabin. After a few minutes his phone started to ring.

  "Hey where are you. You have been gone for over an hour." Lauren said when he picked up.

  "I know. I was taking a walk and I didn't realize how long I had been gone. I am headed back now." He told her.

  "Okay. We are ordering some pizza. What kind do you want?"

  "I just want pepperoni."

  "Okay. I will see you when you get back here. Also leave Hailey and Lucas alone when you get here. Lucas got mad at me earlier for accidentally waking up Hailey."

  "Why would he get mad at you for waking up Hailey."

  "Because he wants Hailey to sleep. You know she is getting worse right?"

  "Yeah I do. That is why it took me so long to head home. I was looking through all of my pictures I have taken with her. I really don't want to leave her." He told her.

  "I know you don't want to lose her. I don't either when she is gone Lucas is going to break apart. I am afraid of what is going to happen."

  "I am too. We will have to be there for Lucas though." He told her. Niall got to the cabin and hung up the phone. He opened the door and saw Lucas and Hailey asleep on the couch together. He took a picture and went to go find Lauren. She was sitting in the room that Hailey and Lucas were sharing. She had one of Hailey's beanies in her hand.

  "Hey Lauren what are you doing in here?" He asked her.

  "I came to sit in here while they were asleep. I am so scared of how Lucas is going to react after we lose her. After his step dad died we almost lost him and I am afraid that if Hailey dies we will actually lose her this time." Lauren was crying at this point.

  "I know. The best thing we are going to be able to do is be there to pick up the pieces. Hey I have an idea of what we can do for Hailey's birthday." Niall tried to change the subject.

  "Oh what is it?" Lauren asked him.

  "Well we should get all of the pictures we have of Hailey and put them together in a video with her favorite song." He told her.

  "I love that idea. We can get her mom to send us some older pictures of her and we can put those in there as well." Niall heard someone come up the stairs so he didn't respond to Lauren.

  "Hey what are you two doing in here?" Lucas asked.

  "We were just talking." Niall told him.

  "I know that you were talking. Judging by the fact that Lauren is crying and holding Hailey's hat I am guessing that you two were talking about Hailey am I correct." He said. They just nodded.

  "Look I see her getting weaker and weaker everyday. I know that it will end soon. I am trying not to focus on that and spend all the time I can with her why dont you two do it as well.

  "We are going to. We also have an idea of what to do for Hailey's birthday. We are going to make her a video using pictures of her that we have and we are going to put it to her favorite song." Niall told him.

  "How about we write her a song." Lucas said. Lauren and Niall both agreed to that.

  "Oh I came up here to tell you two that pizza is here. Come on before Hailey wants to know why we are taking so long." He told them. They got up and we followed him out the door. They found Hailey in the kitchen already eating.

  "Since you three took so long I already ate a whole pizza." Hailey said. Niall ran up to her and jumped on her back. No one eats his pizza.

  "Niall get off her you are going to hurt her." Lauren said laughing.

  "No she ate my pizza." He yelled to her. Hailey reached back and started tickling Niall's side. He pulled away from Hailey and they both ended up falling on the floor. All four of them started laughing so hard that they were crying. Niall heard a phone click and looked over to see Lauren taking a picture of all of us.

  "Come in let's eat. You better have not actually ate all of my pizza Hailey." Niall said.

  "Of course I didn't. I am barely able to eat two pieces what makes you think I can eat a whole pizza." She told him.

  "Okay good. I don't have to hurt you for eating a of my pizza." Niall got up off the floor and grabbed a box of pizza and he ran to the living room and sat on the couch. He opened it and it was a full pizza.

  "Niall bring that box back in here." Lauren yelled.

  "No never. This is my pizza and I will eat all of it." Niall yelled back.

  "Bring it back in here now." Lucas said.

  "Make me." He yelled back. Right after he heard three different foot steps come running over to him. All three of them jumped on the couch and start wrestling him for the pizza box. After a while Niall felt the box slip from his hands.

  "I've got it come on." He heard Haey yell and start running away.

  "Oh it's on. I will get you." Niall yelled and start running after her. He tackled her to the ground and they both lay there laughing until Niall realized that she wasn't laughing anymore. Her whole body was twitching uncontrollably.

  "Oh my god. Lucas get in here now I think Hailey is having a seizure." Niall yelled. He heard both of them come running. He heard Lucas yelling but everything around him was a blur.