Chapter 25

After Hailey and Alexis got back their parents decided that we were going to open the presents. The two sat on the floor and Lucas pulled Hailey to sit on my lap. After they finished opening all of the presents Lucas remembered that he had forgotten to put Hailey's present under the tree. He asked his mom to please go grab it.

  "Hey how are you feeling Hailey?" Lucas asked her.

  "My headache is really bad again and I am really tired." She told him.

  "Here lay your head on my chest and go to sleep. I will tell them that you were not feeling well when they get back."

  "Okay but can you can sing a song to me?"

  "Yeah baby what song do you want me to sing?"

  "Can you sing if I could fly. My mom would always sing that song to my last year when I was sick." Shee laid her head on him chest and Lucas began singing.

  Not that long after Hailey fell asleep their moms had gotten back in the house. Lucas mom handed him the present and he placed it beside him. He told them that Hailey was not feeling well again so he told her to sleep and he sang to her. Her mom told him that she used to sing that to her when she was sick before they moved here. Hailey's mom turned on a movie and turned the volume down and they all sat there watching it until Hailey's mom got up to make dinner. Hailey started to wake up after their moms left the living room.

  "Hey how are you feeling?" Lucas asked her.

  "My headache is still there but it is not as bad. Can we get up off the floor it is a little bit uncomfortable." She told him.

  "Your uncomfortable I'm the one sitting on the floor. You are sitting in my lap and you have a bony butt. My legs fell asleep like half an hour ago." He joked. He could not help but smile when he heard her giggle a little. Her giggle was so adorable. They both moved to the couch and Lucas handed Hailey her Christmas present.

  "Here is you present Hails." Lucas told her.

  "Thank you Lou. You did not have to get me a present." She told him.

  "But you got me a gift for my birthday and christmas so of course I did get you something for Christmas now open the present." She opened the present and her face lit up.

  "Thank you Lucas I love it." She said as she hugged him.

  "I thought you would. I was at the mall and I saw that locket in the window and I thought you would like it. I put the picture I took at our picnic." He told her.

  "Hey come get some food you two." Lucas' mom call from the kitchen. He looked over at Hailey and she held her hands out for him to pick her up so a carried her to the kitchen.

  "Hailey you can not have Lucas carry you around everywhere. You are going to have to walk as well." Hailey's mom told her.

  "I know I do but I am tired and I don't want to walk." Hailey told her mom.

  "You are taller than Lucas he would not be carrying you its going to hurt his back if he carries you around all the time."

  "It's fine. He is really light so it is not that hard to pick him up." She told her as her mom handed Lucas a plate.

  "Okay. I know that this is not a traditional christmas dinner but this is all that I had time to make." Alexis said.

  "It does not matter if it is traditional or not it only matters that all of us are together and we get to spend time together." Lucas' mom told her.

  They ate dinner then went back to watching movie. Lucas mom and Alexis were sitting on one side of the couch Lucas was sitting on the other side with Hailey on his lap. She had fallen asleep after the second movie but Lucas sat there watching Hailey while she was sleeping on his chest.

  "Hey how about you wake him up and get him to go get ready for bed." Alexis told Lucas. He shook Hailey gently to wake her up. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at Lucas.

  "Hey let's go get you ready for bed." I told him. I got him to stand up so that I could get off the couch. While we were walking up the stairs he was leaning against me. I got him changed into some sleep pants and he climbed into bed.

  "I am going to go say good night to my mom then I will be right back okay love." Lucas told her and he left the room. He went downstairs to find out mothers had gone into the kitchen to get a cup of tea.

  "I came to say good night. I am going to head to bed as well." He told his mom. She gave him a hug and told him goodnight.

  "I will walk up there to tell Harry goodnight." Alexis told him. They both walked up to Hailey's room. They found that she had fallen back to sleep. Hailey's mom told her goodnight and kissed her forehead. After she left Lucas climbed in the bed beside him and went to sleep.