Chapter 9

Three weeks later

Hailey has gone through three rounds of chemo and already it is making her feel really sick. Most of the time she been able to hide it but it is starting to get harder. Today she has a soccer game and if they win we will move onto the finals of state.

  "Are you ready for our game today?" Lauren asked Hailey while they were changing into their uniforms.

  "Of course I am ready. These are the finals if we win this then we go to finals." Hailey tell hee.

Hailey stood up to walk out onto the fields but she started to get really dizzy  and had to sat down. Lauren gave her a worried look but she smiled at her to let her know that she was okay. Through out the three weeks that she have been having the chemo she has been getting dizzy if she moved too fast.

  "Hey you good. You don't look too good." Lauren said.

  "Yeah I am fine. I just stood up too fast and got a little dizzy." She told her.

  "All right. You have been sick a lot lately and I wanted to make sure that you are okay."

  "Yeah I am fine. I have just had a stomach bug." She told her as they walked out to the fields.

They got down there and waited for the rest of the team to finish changing before they started running through our warm ups. They finished and Lucas and Lauren walked out in the field with the other teams captains to shake their hands before the game started. Niall and Hailey did not start out on the field so they stood on the side cheering on the people who was on the field.

  "When do you think we will be put in?" Niall asked her.

  "I don't know. They may wait until we have to switch people out before we are put in." Hailey told her.

  "I know. I just want to be put in. This is one of the first times that I have not been put in at the beginning of the game."

  "Yeah but you just have to be patient." She told him.

They stood there for a little longer before their coach puts them in the game. It was all going good until Hailey started to get dizzy while she was kicking the ball. She ignored it and continued. It started getting worse and worse. The last thing she heard before everything went black is Lucas yelling her name.

  The next time Hailey woke up she was in an all white room. Her mom and Lucas were both standing by the hospital bed. Lucas was still in his uniform.

  "Did we win?" Hailey asked Lucas. The both of them jumped at her voice.

  "Oh my god Harry. You scared me so bad. Yes we won." Lucas told her.

  "What happened. I remember having the ball and being about to kick it into the goal then everything went black." She said.

  "You passed out right before you kicked it in the goal." Lucas said.

Hailey was about to say something but the doctor came in the room. He asked to talk with her mom out in the hallway. She was watching them through the window in the door and saw her mom crying.

  "Lucas before they come back in here I have something to tell you but you can't be mad at me." Hailey told him.

  "What's wrong why.? Would I be mad at you?" He asked her.

  "Because like five weeks ago we found out that my cancer had came back. I have been having chemo and radiation once a week. I did not tell anyone because I was scared." She told him. She waited for him to yell at her.

  "Oh Hails, I would never be mad at you because of that. You have the right to tell me when you are ready. I told you that I would be here no matter what and I mean it. Do I wish you would have told me from the beginning yes but what matters is you told me now." He told her.