Chapter 18

Lauren woke up on the couch and Niall was not there beside her. She looked around and saw that Hailey was no longer laying with Lucas so she assumed that the two of them went up to Hailey's room. She went up the stairs and heard them talking. She got close enough to hear what they were saying.

     "Hey it's you decision and I am sure Lou will support your decision even if he does not agree with it. He loves you Harry and he always will." She heard Niall tell Hailey

  Lauren knew that she should not be listening to their conversation but she wanted to know what was going on with Hailey and wanted to see if Hailey would tell Niall why he ran out of the ice cream shop earlier.

  "I don't want Lucas to know because he will think that I have given up. That is not true. I have been fighting for so long and I am sick and tired of fighting. Everyone is always telling me that I am strong and that I can get through this but I don't think that I am string enough to get through this. I  hate always feeling weak and sick. I also want to stop with the treatment because I hate how people have been judging me because I am sick. Everyone looks at me with so much pity when they find out that I have cancer. They all start to treat me different because I am sick and I hate it. I am so tired of people of people acting like I am going to die at any minute." Hailey told Niall.

  After she hear Hailey say that she accidentally gasp out loud and know they heard her because they stopped talking. She turned and ran out of his house. She needed to go somewhere to clear her head. She walked to the park and started swinging until her phone started ringing. She checked it and it was Niall. She declined the call and put the phone back in her pocket.

  Lauren can not believe that is how Hailey has been feeling. When she was talking to Niall she sounded so upset. Lauren was mad at herself for not noticing that she was really feeling like that. She felt her phone go off and it was a message from Hailey.

  Harry: I know that you heard Niall and my conversation. Please don't tell Lucas. I don't want him to know because he will be really upset by it.

  Lauren: I won't tell him. I am so sorry that is how you have been feeling about this.

  Harry: It's fine I have not told anyone about it not even my mom. I was only telling Niall because I wanted to tell someone about it and he was the only other one up.

  Lauren: You could have woken me up if you needed someone to talk to. If you ever need someone to talk to you can always come tell me. I don't care if I am asleep you can wake me up.

  Harry: I know but I didn't wake Niall up. He came into the bathroom while I was getting sick this morning and we were talking about Nick and what he said then I told him that. How about you come back to my house Lucas is asking where you are and I don't want to tell him that you heard our conversation and left because then he will want to know what we were talking about and u am not ready to tell him yet.

  Lauren: Okay I will grab some food on my way home and you can tell him that I went to grab us all some breakfast.

  Harry: Okay I will tell him that.

  Lauren grabbed everyone some breakfast and went back to Hailey's house. When she got inside she found Hailey and Niall sitting on the couch watching friends on the tv.

  "Hey where is Lucas?" She asked them.

  "We went into the kitchen muttering something about his hand itching." Niall said not even bothering to look away from the tv.

  She walked into the kitchen and found Lucas trying to shove the end of a wooden spoon in his cast. She raised an eyebrow at him as she set the food on the table. She am surprised that Niall has not came in demanding food yet.

  "What are you doing Lucas?" Lauren asked him pulling food out if the bags.

  "My hand is itching an I am trying to scratch it but this is not working." He Huffed at her.

  "Well maybe if you did not punch someone in the face so hard that you broke your hand then you would not have that on your hand now would you."

  "Yeah. Yeah what ever. I was just defending Hails." He tells her and Hailey and Niall come running in the kitchen. They both grab some food and run out if the kitchen again.

  "Umm Lou I think i lost my boyfriend and you lots your girlfriend. They did not even say anything to us they just ran in here for food than ran out again." Lauren told Lucas who was still trying to scratch his hand.

  "Nah they will be back when they want something." Lucas said giving up on scratching his hand.

  They grabbed some food and went into the living room to watch some friends with Niall and Hailey. Lauren saw Hailey take some of Niall's breakfast and tried to grab some as well but he slapped her hand away.

  "What so Hailey get to steal your food but I don't?" I asked.

  "Yes she does because I like Hailey better than you." He told her sticking his tongue out at her. Lauren put her hand on her chest and acted like she was hurt.

  "Wow I feel loved. I am the one who got up and went to buy it for you." Lauren said

  "I know but I still love Hailey more." He told her and turned back to the tv.

  "Louis get your girlfriend. She is stealing my boyfriend." Lauren told Lucas but he didn't answer her. She looked over at him and he had fallen back asleep. Typical Lucas.