Chapter 29

*Three weeks later

They were all in the car on their way to our surprise vacation. They had still not told Hailey where they were going yet. She was asleep in the passenger seat while Niall and Lauren were in the back seat. Hailey had fallen asleep when they stopped to get some gas and some snacks.

"I will sit in here with Hailey while you two go inside. Niall you have a twenty dollar limit" Lucas told them.

"Why do I have a limit and Lauren does not?" Niall asked him.

"Because you will buy everything in the store if you don't have a limit." Lauren told him. They went in the store and Hailey started to stir in his seat.

"Where are we Lucas?" She asked jim.

"We are at the gas station. Niall and Lauren went inside to get some food." He told her.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going yet or not?"

"What part of its a surprise are you not getting."

"I hate surprised can you at least give me a hint?"

"No you don't get a hint."

"Fine. Do you have to drive. I want to cuddle with you."

"I can make Lauren drive and we can sit in the back." He told her as Niall came out holding five bags. Lauren came out right after him with only two. They both got back to the car and started climbing in.

"Lauren you are driving the rest of the way." Lucas told him as he started climbing out.

"I thought you wanted to drive there." Lauren told him.

"I did but Hailey wants to cuddle with me so you two are sitting up front while Hailey and I are in the back."

"Fine. Come on Niall let's get on the road again." Niall climbed in the passenger seat after Lucas pulled Hailey out of the car. He climbed in the back and sat Hailey beside him. She curled into his side and fell asleep again.

"So what all did you get Niall?" Lucas asked him.

"I got us all a drink and some snacks. Here is a coke and some chips." He told him as he handed them to him. Lucas opened the chips and took a drink. He shook Hailey a bit to wake him up.

"What?" She asked.

"I was seeing if you were hungry." He told her.

"Yeah I am."

"Here." Niall handed her a bag of trail mix and a drink as well. They all ate while they were listening to some music.

Thet drove for another hour before they got to where we were going. They had talked Lauren's dad into letting us stay at her families log cabin for a week. When thet got there Hailey was asleep again so Lauren picked her up and carried her inside. When she was laid on the bed Lucas laid beside him. He fell asleep after a while as well.

...

"Hey how are you feeling?" Lucas asked Hailey after she came and sat on the couch beside him.

"I'm still really tired. Where are we?" She asked him.

"Well we talked to your mom a while ago and we planned a vacation for all of us. Your mom helped us with setting it up and packing your bags. We will bring all of our bags in later. Let's go get something to eat. I think Lauren and Niall were cooking some food."

"How did you get my mom to agree to this?"

"We were talking about it a few weeks ago and she overheard and agreed with us. Then we all talked to our parents and they agreed that it would be good for us to get away for a little bit. Now come eat. Niall is going to eat it all if you don't come eat right now." Lauren said as she came to get them.

They followed her into the kitchen and they saw Niall already sitting at the table with a huge pile of food on his plate. Lucas grabbed two plates and started to put some food on them. He handed one to Hailey and placed one in front of himself. He sat down and started to eat.

"So what are we going to do tomorrow?" Lucas asked Lauren.

"Well since it is still cold how about we have a movie day and drink come hot coco." She said.

"I like that idea." Hailey said. She smiled at Lucas and he couldn't help but return her smile. They finished eating and decided to head to bed because it was getting late. Lucas went up to the room that he was sharing with Hailey and changed into a sweat shirt and some sleep pants. He went to the bathroom before he climbed into bed. Hailey climbed into the bed beside him and she curled into his side.

"Hey Lucas are you still awake?" She asked.

"Yes i am still awake. Do you need something Hails?" He asked her.

"Can you please sing to me?"

"Sure. What song do you want me to sing for you."

"I don't care. I just want to hear you sing."

"Well I don't know what song to sing to you. How about Black birds." Lucas said. Hailey nodded her head against his chest and Lucas began singing the song to her.

Blackbirds singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Blackbirds singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
you were waiting for this moment to arise

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

After he finished singing he saw that Hailey was asleep so he turned off the light and started rubbing her arm until he started to fall asleep.