Chapter 33

Niall know that everyone kept telling him that it's not my fault but he can't help but think it is his fault. She was doing fine all day until he decided to tackle her to the ground. He blames himself for Hailey having the seizure and he feels horrible about it. He walked into the room and saw Hailey laying in the bed with wires attached to her. Instantly tears started to form in his eyes seeing Hailey like that. Lucas was laying beside her on the bed.

"Hey." Niall could hear Hailey say weakly. Hailey picked his head up off the bed and gave Niall a small smile before laying her head back on Lucas' chest.

"Hey how are you feeling." Niall asked her.

"I am a little bit dizzy but I am fine. The doctor said that is probably going to happen for a little bit because that seizure took a toll on my body."

"That's good. Hey i am so sorry that this happened. I should have not jumped on your back and tackled you to the ground." Niall sat beside her on one of the chairs.

"Niall it's not your fault this happened. I was having fun and messing around with you. It's no one's fault that I had this seizure it is just because of the cancer." Hailey said.

  "I know I just feel bad because you were just fine before I did that and after I jumped on your back and made you fall you had the seizure." Niall said as the tears began falling down his cheeks.

  "No please don't blame yourself Nialler. Come here and give me a hug please." Hailey said when she realized he was crying. Niall got up out of the chair and walked over to her to give her a hug.

  "I just hate that you have to go through this. You are such and amazing person who will do anything to help others but there is nothing anyone can do to help you." Niall said as he hugged Hailey.

  He felt someone rub his back and looked over at Lucas who had tears in his eyes. Niall pulled him into the hug as well and the three of them sat there crying for a little bit before they calmed down. Niall went back to sitting in the chair. They were talking for a while before the doctor came into the room.

"We have decided that we will let you go home today but if he has another seizure you have to being him back here." The doctor said. Hailey changed out of the hospital gown and they headed back to her house. All of them got inside and went to watch something. While they were watching the tv all of them fell asleep on the couch. Niall woke up some time later to hear someone talking.

"I just don't know what we are going to do. She is getting worse and I don't even know if she will make it to her birthday." He heard her mother say say.

"Well her birthday is in like a week right?" Jay asked her.

"Yeah it is. I can't believe it was so close."

"Well we will have to plan something for all of us to do for her birthday. If she gets too sick we can do it sooner."

"Well what do you have in mind?"

"I don't know but we have a week to figure it out. I know that the boys are planning on writing her a song and making her a video."

"Oh that's right. All three of them have been here for Hailey since she moved here. I hope that after she is gone it won't tear them apart."

"I don't think it will. If anything it will make them stronger. When LucS step dad died they were all there for him and would not leave his side. The only thing I am worried about is how Lucas is going to take it." Niall felt tears coming to his eyes because he knew this is going to effect Lucas badly.

"Yeah but we can all help each other. Come on let's go walk up the kida so that they can eat." Niall quickly shut his eyes and made it look like he was asleep. He felt someone shaking his arm and acted like he just woke up.

"Come on food is ready." Alexis told him.

"Ooh food." He jumped off the couch and ran into the kitchen. He could tell that everyone was laughing at him but he didn't care.

"Someone is a little excited for some food." Hailey said. She was leaning against Lucas while she was walking because she was too weak to walk herself.

"When am I never excited for food." I
Niall told her. He walked over to Hailey and placed one of her arms over his shoulder so she could help her walk a little bit better.

"True. You are always excited for food. If someone takes your food you tackle them to the ground for it." Lauren laughed.

"Because no one touches my food. It is mine."

After they all ate they went up to Hailey's room to get ready for bed. They all changed into sleep clothes and went to bed. Lucas and Hailey slept on Haileh's bed while Lauren and Niall slept on the floor.

  "Lucas will you please sing a song to me." Hailey said.

  "Of course I will. What song would you like me to sing for you." Lucas asked her. Niall caught himself smiling at how those two were.

  "Can you please sing me that song you sang for me last time. I loved that song." Hailey told him. Niall and Lauren could hear the two of them moving around on the bed before they heard Lucas start singing.They all fell asleep listening to Lucas sing black bird to Hailey.