Chapter 17

I mean yes to think about it deeper there quite is nothing really to stay up for. But at the back of my mind the Mary Anne issue was starting to resurface, coming back even stronger. It was like my brain was telling me to take that pot off the back burner before the whole pot boils over. I made up my mind to follow Jack. The dim light in the hallway was making a shadow upon Jack, he was switching off the hallway light. Just like the flicker was gone. I heard Jack opening the bedroom door, making his way inside the room. Jack  finally heard my feet scuffing on the floor.

 ''Uh coming to bed I see Alice?''

I nodded in the dark but I do not  know if he saw me. Jack started walking over to his side of the bed, letting out another yawn as he was climbing into the bed. I did the same, but I was still on edge. Jack rolled onto his side, making the bed shake. He yawned out a ''Good night Alice.'' I was lying on my back, all of the lights turned off and my eyes wide open just staring at the ceiling.

 ''Jack, you still smile like chlorine it is very very bad for your skin and hair honey, I really suggest you take a shower, I don't want the smell rubbing off on the sheets.''

 ''Jack?'' I said softly waiting for a reply, just of any word.

  ''I said Good Night Alice.'' This time his tone was not as gentle.

  I stared to prop my arms up.

  ''Jack , no I can't fall asleep, I can't not since Mary Anne snapped at me today, she problay does not even want to be my friend anymore.Jack do you even hear me? Jack please, please I need you right now!!''

 I lowered my tone. I just wanted a listening ear, but his response was just the sound of snoring. Who was I kidding I thought what man would even want to talk after falling asleep, why bother.

 I rolled over smothering my body into the sheets just wanting to be calm now, and forget al about today's troubles. I swallowed  and  closed my eyes starting to pray to God, that I could just fall asleep, and let my dreams take me into another realm.

[Authors note thank you so much for reading this , sorry this chapter came out a bit later than normal, the frequency of my posting won't always be concise since of school ramping up, but I do appreciate you all for reading and the votes. Thank you all for your patience :} <3]