43: New Era

"The Emperor himself announced that he finally chose the rightful heir.... "

"What?! Seriously? "

"Yeah, I heard about the generals talking about it after they were called in by the Emperor.. "

"Oh my god, after 5 years of the kingdom being heirless, the Emperor finally chose one of the princes as the future Emperor!?, I wonder who it will be? "

"Beats me, I'm just as clueless as everyone but I'm taking a bet on prince Daichi"

"Yeah, maybe but prince Niko is also a good choice, I mean his handsome and so intelligent"

"All of them are handsome and intelligent, anyone of the six have a possibility to be the future Emperor, but I'm sure that the Emperor won't just blindly choose someone and not think about the Kingdom's future maybe... "

"you mean even prince Akio?"

" Yeah, why not?, I mean he may have not shown his best sides lately---"

"Lately--!? "

"I mean all the time but he is still an overall kind and gentle person, he just need someone special to help him.. "

"speaking from the heart?"

"No!, Speaking from being Prince Akio's maid for almost 3 years!"

"Why an earth are we talking about this! We are nothing but maids here so I suggest you get your head cleared up and help me mop the floors instead! "

"Fine, I get it!"

"No dilly dallying now"

"Fine...!"

+++++

"Looks like everyone is talking about the heir succession ceremony, just as you predicted, your highness" Knight Harlow and as we all know as prince Daichi's aide and second Knight.

"Your highness?" Karl called out to Daichi once more, he sweat dropped from the lack of response he received, Daichi is not the type of person that will randomly space out an instant and be so.... vulnerable.

Daichi is a black hearted and cold blooded killer, he always have his guard up and rarely let them down.

But now.....his so off guard enough even for a kitten to jump scare.

"Ummm...." Karl was blank on what he should do, it's been a few days now since his master have been like this.

"Hm? Yes? What did you say again Karl?" Daichi finally replied, completely oblivious of what just happened earlier.

"Umm.... nothing, I just said that your plan is working as expected" Karl said but unexpectedly--or not, Daichi was in a sort of a daze still.

"Plan? What plan?" He asked, at this moment Karl was doubting if the person in front of him whom he is speaking with right now is really his master.

"The plan that you've discussed with the other princes and nobles?" Karl almost have to spell everything out for him these days to the point where he felt like bashing his head against the wall.

"...? Ah! That one, yes, yes, now I remember!" Daichi suddenly exclaimed, even he himself doesn't know why an earth he is being like this right now, thankfully Karl was always there to cover for him whenever something brought up a topic that he did quite understood....more like paid attention to.