5: punishment

At the time the party ended, daichi climb on the carriage first but before I even get to step at the ladder steps someone called out to me.

"Miss Charlotte please wait!" Such an unladylike behavior is being displayed in public eye is not anyone's cup of tea but being the naive and stupid heroine she is, she still did it.

I stopped and turned around to face her, she ran toward me "I hope you enjoyed the party, I hope we get to see each other more often" she said, while she was busy flashing me her brightest smile she can't hear the rude remarks the crowd around us says about her, but I can.

"Likewise second young miss, I shall take my leave for now, I wish you a good night" I said and bowed gracefully before boarding the carriage and the Coachman closing the door..

This time instead of sitting opposite from him I sat beside him with a large distance between us "keep your distance from ellie amrita, madison amrita is not what everyone think" daichi said ,I only stayed in silence while gazing out of the window before pulling the curtain in to block the happy and joyful lights from the street..

---

"You useless child! Do you have any idea what you have done!" Another slap hit my cheek but I showed no emotion and continued staring down the floor, my mother heard about the 'relationship' between me and the illegitimate daughter of duke amrita who is a laughing stock of the kingdom right now, currently throwing a tantrum at me as soon as I entered her hall.

"I will not let any of my effort be wasted because of a unruly girl like you!" She pushed me to the ground and called for the guards outside the room, two of them marched in and paid respect to concubine Reese, "take her to the dangeoun hall, 20 whip and don't give her any food or water for 3 days!" She ordered after walking away in anger as if she couldn't bare to be in the same room as me, The guards held each of my arms then dragged me to the lowest room in the basement, The dangerous hall where there is no window or light other than the dim light from a candle, It smell horrible and disgusting..

---

Whip!

Whip!

Whip!

Both my hands and ankles where chained up, laying on my stomach while on of the guards continued whipping my back, the dress I wore looked dirty and full of rips and cuts, I have been counting how many times they whipped me, 30 times, no one in this house doesn't give a hell about seraphina--about me, A few extra whip mark and wound doesn't matter since my mother doesn't care about it at all.

I fainted before I knew it...

--

Waking up as soon as I felt the shiver coming down my spine, The cold, dirty, and mossy marble floor with it's musky smell distrupted me from my sleep or being unconcious, it seems they finally had enough from whipping all day long, I tried my best to sat up by griping the stoned wall in my side, Hot liquid tickled down my back indicating that my whip wound are still open and bleeding..

I know I could escape from this wretched house but both my mother and the viscount have illegal connection with the black market so if I ran away I'll be track down and be killed in an instant, My mother had a group of shadow guards working under her, their sword skill and strength greatly surpass mine that's why I need to be strong in my sword skill if I want to survive in this world...