32: Unusual.

As the sunlight peeked through my curtains hitting my face, I groaned at the sudden light straight to my eyes, using my hands to block it and turned to otherside of the bed.

I haven't had a wink of sleep last night, I was too shock and possibly still processing what Niko said yesterday...
It was my first time ever hearing the usual prideful First Prince apologize and be grateful, I mean his a capture target for heaven sake! He is supposed to be so full of himself and closed to anyone other than Ellie, what Happened last night was.... Not himself.

This is freaking me out.

It's Benjiro's day, I'll just sleep in his courtyard like always.

Groaning, mumbling about my problems with my life and dragging myself out of bed to get ready for work.

Tying my hair in a messy bun, black loose-end high waisted pants, white long sleeved polo and my trusted sword.

Opening the door and picking up the usual red roses of the day left on my doorsteps brought to you by the one and only, Leo.

"It's not like you to wake up late" leaning on the fence of my frontyard, he smirked at me, Boastful jerk.

"I had trouble sleeping last night" I said, putting the roses in a vase, walking out the door and locking it.

"Well your still as beautiful as always, Sera" he flattered, I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You and your flowery word, Young Master Dalton" I teased back, he laughed bashfully.

"I'll be going now, see you tonight Leo" I waved my hand toward him, he waved back as I walked away toward the palace gates.

---

"Good morning, Knight Charlotte"

"Nice to see you again Seraphina"

"Happy to know that you've recovered well Seraphina"

I thanked them while I strode my way to the prince room, along the way I encountered Master Haruto, bowing my head toward him.

"Good morning Seraphina, good to see you back and well" he greeted, I smiled slightly while thanking him.

I asked him about why the sudden amount of knights around the palace, I mean I know about recent attack but this is double the amount of security I generally expected.

"Oh, not everyone know about this because the Emperor is yet to announced it but..... Sovereigns from the Lionel Kingdom's royal family is coming to Valeria Kingdom" what? Why are they coming here?, Without me asking Master Haruto already knew what I was about to ask, he went ahead and added.

"Because of the attempt Assassination his majesty is refusing to ignore this and demanded an explanation from the Lionel Kingdom, they are coming here with two of the royal family member as representative for a meeting to clear this up, hopefully this will go smoothly without blood and war involve in it" he said, groaning in annoyance, I hear you Master Haruto, the kingdom have more problems to take care of and have no time for wars, plus if there is a war, we knights will be the one first to be sent there for defense, his mostly worried about his family.

"When are they coming?" I asked, sighing helplessly he answered "Tomorrow" with a straight face "Tomorrow?!" I yelled in shock, no wonder the maid and servants are in a frantic hurry, why would the Emperor schedule the meeting tomorrow! Without informing us ahead of time?!.

Our chat continued on more before I remembered the bastard---lazy prince that is waiting for me, after bidding my farewell I bowed again before walking away

---

Continuing my walk to Benjiro's courtyard, pushing the doors open, the usual serene heaven of the Prince, his big apple tree in the middle of the room, the open roof above it with the beautiful sunlight entering.