37: The Welcome Banquet.

"It's too..... Grand"

"Nonsense, it looks fine"

"I agree but I supposed something like this is.. not suitable to Seraphina's style"

"I think it looks great!....but Sera does look a little....sparkly.....too sparkly even."

"very well then, bring in the other dress"

A maid pulled me back to the dressing room, despite my protest and unwillingness, it was the Empress order and therefore must bs respected.

You might be asking? What's happening?For me to answer that question, I'll have to take you back this early morning.

I sighed in satisfaction, holding my coffee mug with my hand, I inhaled in the beauty of the day..... My rest day, my day where I don't have to see any royal faces, my day all to myself.

Sitting on my porch while watching the sun raise higher in the sky, the usual workers got out of their houses and greetings me with a smile.

The usual roses arrived earlier than expected, probably because Leo knows I get up early on my rest days, usually the two of us will sit on my porch while drinking coffee and enjoying his grandmother's pancakes.

Finally some peace.

"Greetings, Miss Charlotte"

What now?.

Sighing in frustration, I took one long sip from my coffee before I stood up, walking to my fence gate to open it.

"Can I help you with anything?" I asked, based on the grand and lavish decorated carriage and the neatly dressed lady infront of me, I can already know where they are from.

"We were send here to pick you up by the order of her Majesty the Empress" yup, that's a palace maid alright, and also one of the Empress lady-in-waiting.

"Why wasn't I informed of this?" I asked, looking down to the maid who shivered and sweat dropped from my gaze.

You can call me mean but it's my rest day! Can you blame me?, After a week of hectic babysitiing the yandere prince plus a villainess and the heroine on too of that, So even if she is sent by the Empress or even the Emperor, I am not budging!.

"The Empress have already predicted this reaction so please excuse us" excuse what? Without prior notice, the maid nodded to the two guards standing by the carriage, the two nodded in return before walking toward me with....ropes?.

What the?!.

I don't want to describe what happened afterward that because if I do I'm afraid I can't stop myself from killing those two--even though I know also that they were just following orders but still! When did the Empress started to do kidnapping!.

"His Majesty tasked me to help you find a dress, and because I know just how much he favors you, I will do as he said, now hurry up and change into the next dress" The Empress clapped her hands to signal the maid to bring in yet another rack of dresses.

"Hurry Seraphina, we don't have all day, the banquet is tomorrow" Madison agreed, I don't know why this two are here hut obviously they aren't here to help me.

"Sera looks good in pants and blouse but I always wanted to see what she looks like in a dress, she's like an angel!" Ellie...fangirled? It is sweet to know that she's encouraging me but changing into almost a hundred of dresses is torture!.

I'm way out of my comfort zone! Switching from puffy dresses to skin tight ones, everything I wore that I thought was good enough were rejected, they will say something like...