31: Sick day

Wow, A months go by so fast, a little TOO fast if you ask me.

"Good to have you back Knight Charlotte"

"It's good to see you again Knight Charlotte"

"Welcome back Knight Charlotte"

The servants and maids greeted me with smiles on their faces, so did the knights and the head maids that I happen to know.

"Seraphina!!" And here he comes, the dashing, flirty, green haired heir and also Niko's Aide--Christian, how I wish I just let him die that day during the attack, I shouldn't have saved him!.

"Good morning, Heir von Adel" I greeted him, he flashed that annoying flirty ile of his again, I could hear the squeals of the love-struck maids around the area, they hover around him like annoying flies, Too fast to catch, and too annoying to listen into.

"Aw, we're back to 'Heir von Adel' again?, What happened to 'christian'?" He played dramatically, whining at me like a puppy.

"About to have a broken nose if he doesn't let me go through so I can get to His highness the First Prince" I threatened, his face paled up as he ran out of my way, he knows what happens when I'm annoyed and what happens if your late, Niko hates tardiness, you must always be on time.

Finally arriving at his study, I hesitated to knock, why? I don't know but I just remembered that if I don't show up, the Emperor will the one showing up in my house to drag me back.

I knocked three times before the door opened by a knight I don't know.

"Good morning your highness" I greeted the prince, bowing my head.

"ah, Seraphina!, Good to see you back" He said, his usual fake smile on his face, but... Something is off with him, I can tell, how? Because I've been with him and his brother for the last four years, I already know how their brains work.

"This is Knight Hale, Third son of Viscount Hale, he topped last year's Knight exam" he said, the said knight then bowed toward me, I bowed back in return, as ordered by the Emperor, the new knight will be positioned outside when I'm with the prince but if I'm not then they have to be with the prince at all times.

Not many things changed at all, I mean the usual mountain pile of paperwork in still there, the unsettling cleanliness of the room, you might have forgotten that his a clean-freak, so every morning the maids will try their best to clean the entire courtyard especially his study room from top to bottom every morning before he wakes up, or else if he finds even a speck of dust then.....hell be upon us.

Like the usual, we stayed in silence, he did his paper work but something is bothering me.....his ragged breathing, his flustered cheeks, those eye bags under his eyes, something is wrong with him.

I would like to say something but believe me you won't want to do that unless you want your head rolling on the floor away from your body.

I guess I'm back to my usual routine of waiting until he pass out then spend the night doing his work for him, like always.

*Knock*knock*knock.

I slowly opened the door to see who it was, to my surprise it was..

"Knight Harlow?" Why is karl here? This is the least place you will expect to see anyone on daichi's side, considering that the minister have been pressuring the Emperor to choose a Crown Prince nowadays.

"Good morning, Knight Charlotte, I apologize for disturbing His Highness the First Prince but today is the meeting that Prince Daichi and Prince Niko agreed on, Prince Daichi is now waiting for Prince Niko in his garden" He said, meeting? How was I not informed of this? And Daichi and Niko sitting down to drink tea while talking? I never expected this to happen.