17: the sixth prince

"hell is waiting for me" Those were the very first word I uttered first thing in the morning, I remembered not being able to sleep last night because All I could think of is me meeting my 'ex'-half-brother slash# sixth prince.

Which one is better, the two-face pretentious first prince? Or this demonic sixth prince?

I would say, death. Death is the best answer.

Maybe I should grab a knife and head on to the death Option, yeah I should probably do that.

"Good morning seraphina"

What?...

"Your majesty.....what an earth are you doing here?" Great, how embarrassing is this!! I'm literally standing infront of the emperor in my pajamas!! Oh god please kill me right now!

"I've came to make sure you come at work, This is your half-brother we're talking about so I want to make sure that neither of you will kill each other" he said, casually yet elegantly said

".....not before I kill myself first" I Mumbled, not enough for him to hear...or so I thought.

"What was that?" He said.

"Nothing at all your majesty"

---

"Good luck seraphina" the emperor said before walking away.

Marigold courtyard

It says.

This maybe the last day of my life.

Suck it up seraphina!

Composing myself before knocking on the door three times, soon a maid opened the door.

"You must be knight Charlotte" she said, bowing her head toward me.

"yes, Please to meet you miss" I said, bowing back.

"Please do come in, his highness is just dealing with something right now, he will be with you after that" she said, opening the door for me.

" Yes, of course"

---

In the end, the whole day this cold sixth prince just told me to wait outside of his study, Usually the escort knight is always beside his master at all time but considering that both of us are from the Charlotte family, his can protect himself well enough so I just happily stood out, checking everyone who enters.

He calls me in sometimes to ask things or call someone for him, I never stayed in his study or in his presence in less than a minute before going out again.

this may seem cold and rude but I know that it's best if the two of us just remain this way, the master and servant relationship that is, after all we are no longer brother and sister.

That's how the first week of being the escort knight of six different princes.

And tommorow is my day off!! Two days just for myself! The princes have other knights to protect them in those days so I can just relax!

I didn't died!!...well at least for now..