12: the first prince

The day I start my new life is also the day that will either lead me to my doom or a better life(sort of).

Damn!, I'm really considering on being an assassin rather than this! Is it too late to back out now?---probably yes.

"May god protect us all" I silently prayed to the gods as if I'm about to face death right on, but seriously I'm not kidding, I took a deep breath before knocking on the Lillith courtyard located in the west wing of the castle and where the first prince resides.

"Greetings, you must be knight Charlotte, his highness the first prince new escort knight" a maid greeted me politely and bowed, I only nodded and replied

"Yes that is indeed me, please to meet you, I will be in your care from now on" the maid only returned my words by smiling and bowed once more, "his highness have been very excited to meet you" I'm sure he is I sarcastically said in my mind, I followed the maid as she lead me to where the first prince is.

Unlike daichi who was the total carbon copy of the emperor even though his not his biological son, the first prince have a shining blonde hair and green eyes---his highness the first prince....Niko Lucille.

The sadistic, two-faced, deceiving and a total Devil, a male version of the villainess but with some differences of course, like his name that means conquest of the nation he is believed to be a conquerer among all six princes, he is more emperor-material so it's no doubt that many of the officials in the court is in his faction.

His going to be a handful, isn't he.

"Your highness, knight Charlotte is here" the maid announced, in a garden filled with roses in different colors, Beautiful blonde hair shined under the bright sun, typical capture targets.

A gentle close eye smile on his face as his white and sky blue tunic greeted my eyes, I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes at the cliche scene I'm in right now.

The maid left, I stood up straight and bowed with one knee and one fisted hand on the ground, my head looking down as I refuse to look at his 'godly' appearance.

"Greetings your highness, I am Seraphina Charlotte and from now on I am at your disposal, my lord" I'll literally give anything up just to make this stop, He didn't respond for awhile before chuckling a little.

"Formality is no longer needed.....Seraphina, the two of us will have a long relationship with each other from now on so You can just drop the formality and call me Niko" he kindly said, ugh! I groaned in my mind, Remained kneeling on the ground As I said " That is one thing that I cannot do, my lord, you are a respectable and refine first prince as I am nothing but a mere knight so therefore I cannot call you that, I humbly ask for your forgiveness" I looked up to him as a silent declaration that I will not back down.

My day with the first prince went along with him pestering me in a nonverbal way of submitting to him to take his side, which I calmly avoided or decline every time.

I will not involve myself with your little tug-of-war game about the throne, I'm content with what I have.

We strolled around the garden, talked about politics and other topics, I took notice that every nook and cranny of this place is spotless which was not much of a shock for a cleanfreak prince like him.

The two-faced prince really have a thick mask, If not for me being a reincarnated person and knowing who he really is Or else I'll be dead by now.

His annoying bright smile is kinda ticking me off, doesn't he get tired smiling all the time? Being two-faced and all, I really wanted to rip his smile off!.

Thanks to the protection of the gods, I have survived death!....