11: a knight's duty

"I am haruto, the emperor's personal escort knight, please to make your acquaintance Miss" a silver haired handsome man stood infront of me with his towering figure overshadowing me, though considering that his on his 30's
This guy is pretty youthful looking just like the emperor, His empty blue eyes stared down to me which surprisingly gave me goosebumps, a shiver ran down my spine.

"The pleasure is all mine Master haruto, I am in your care from now on" I tried my best to not stutter, heck the kingdoms best swordman is currently infront of me! I can't afford to mess up now, I secretly calmed myself down in my head as he just nodded and turned his back on me gesturing for me to follow him and I did.

Wearing a simple brown pants that reaches my ankle with the end loosened up and a white blouse and black laced up boots, Carrying my sword by the hand as master haruto lead me to the castles back gate, the gate to the knights division quarter where all palace knights sleep and train in..

The two guards guarding the gate bowed their heads and opened the gate to master haruto, The smelly scent of man sweat filled the air while the sound of swords clashing into each other were all heard at the same time.

I must say such a place like this is no fit for a lady, muscular and build knights who had no shirt on and bathing in thier sweats under the sun is such a sight one lady couldn't endure but luckily I'm not like those ladies, for that I'm grateful for my mother even though I despise her from the bottom of my heart.

"Miss seraphina is already from a noble background of the knight house of Charlotte so You must be used in holding any weaponry" master haruto said with his back facing me and continued his walk toward the entrance to the palace hall.

"Yes, My older brother---I mean his highness the six prince and I are trained by viscount Charlotte himself since our childhood" I explained, With me becoming a escort knight and daichi a prince it's also not qualified for me to call him older brother anymore which is.... unusual and....weird, even though I know this will happen still I'm use with calling him older brother.

"Well then, I'll just have to teach you the rules on becoming an escort knight" he said

---

" It is important that the one you are guarding is at least an eyesight away, Being an escort knight also means that you must guard them wherever they go and even during the night, but since you are escorting six different princes than you don't have to do a night shift guard" this guys doesn't talk a lot and only went straight to the point, I took note of every little things he said in my mind and nodded but also stayed quiet while walking behind him.

We are currently walking in circles in this maze like library of the castle that have very tall and enormous bookshelves making it impossible for anyone to not get lost in this place, but lucky for me master haruto seem to know where we are heading and where we have been through so I'm fine---for now.

He picked out three different medium length book and handed it to me, it's some sort of book for Knight and how to be a proper knight, this guy doesn't kid when it comes to being a proper knight.

"You also have to know every little things about your master, I already ordered someone to write about the princes different habits, likes, dislike and schedule for you, a maid from their courtyard will hand it to you later" he added.

"you will start your job next week and your first schedule is with the first prince--his highness, Niko Lucille" heard that name before, I already calculated every information I have about the princes in my memory and of course all of them are from the memories from my previous life.

And I must say the first prince will mostly likely be my biggest concern out of all of them, he is two-faced and very manipulative, the only one he ever trusted is his personal aid who is also his maternal cousin, and the heroine, if I do something that displeased him I might as will cut off my own head before he throw me into an endless pit of torture and abyss hell!

I must take precautions on everything I do when it comes to the first prince!