15: the fourth prince

"greetings, his highness the fourth prince, I am seraphina Charlotte, your escort knight from this day onward, Pleasure it is to meet you" kneeling on one knee as I bowed infront of the dignified, gentle and angelic type fourth prince.

Raphael lucille, god! even his name is angelic, But I must admit, this gentle prince is the only prince that get along with all the other five princes in the castle, even to daichi!, I kinda like him since in the game his the only one that doesn't use dirty, scheming and deceiving methods to get the heroine and the throne.

But I'm also sure that even this angelic prince hides a lose screw somewhere, All the other capture targets have one so I'm sure this one isn't much of a difference.

Elegantly sitting on a chair as he gracefully have tea, His beautiful light brown hair shines below the sun, Breathtakingly blue eyes, Just like the first prince who resembles his mother, Raphael also looks so much like his mother.

"The pleasure is all mine, Knight Charlotte.... although, Can I just call you seraphina?" He have a way with getting into peoples hearts, using his relaxing and calming voice.

"Whatever his highness wish to do" I said, he told me to arise and invited me to have tea with him, I didn't refuse, I sat on the opposite chair from him, taking the teapot and puring tea on my cup and refiling his while I was at it.

"Thank you, seraphina" he said, a moment of silence went by, he set his cup down before looking at me.

" Seraphina doesn't that means Fiery-winged" he casually said, I nodded before setting my cup down on it's plate.

"Indeed, it does, your highness, I'm honored, not everyone knew the meaning of my name" not even my mother do.

" It must be hard, handling all six different princes, Seraphina must be excellent for father emperor to assigned her to us" he said, smiling gently at me.

" Not at all, It's a responsibility of every Charlotte knight, My deceased father was the previous emperor's personal escort knight back then, every Charlotte family member have been a knight and served under the royal Family, I am a Charlotte knight and even though the house of Charlotte is already gone, Upholding the legacy of my lineage is a must" I said, he only chuckled lightly.

" Indeed it is, I look forward being with you from now on, knight Charlotte" he said, at that moment I realized that I was right, This angelic prince has his loose screw..and it looks like I found it.

There are some information that the game doesn't show in the plot road, you can only know about it by either reading the game's wiki fandom or reading the manga version.

The fourth prince is like his brothers, his a deceiving double-face person, who trick people with his sweet angelic smile and his sugar coated words.

I knew that I will only be yet another tool-- doll to the princes, when the time they fall in love with the heroine, everything will go according to the story.

The emperor gave me one special---specific order that I must follow when I'm with the princes..

I must not follow any of their orders if it includes killing another royal, Stealing information from another prince and being loyal to just one prince...

I was the line--border that the emperor drew within his sons, I serve as a remainder that they should not cross the line, that line is about assassination, and other crimes involving harming their brothers...

They can use any political or social dirty tricks against each other but they should never order an assassination to me against another prince...

Even though I'm their personal escort knight, I am not loyal to any of them, they can order me to steal information from other--except royals, assassinate someone--except royals, blackmail or threat another person--except royals, it practically mean that they can order me anything but not something that involves their brothers or any royalties of the kingdom...

Of course that means they can order another assassinator to assassinate their brothers but I'm also their personal escort knight which includes protecting them from any harm.

"As will I, your highness the fourth prince"

This always confuses me, why is the first born son and the adopted son trying to fight for the throne when the former empress son and the current empress son is the one who is supposed to fight for it? I can't make sense of that! Daichi wanted the throne even before he met the heroine so why is he so stubbornly trying to get the throne? Although in this kingdom there is no rule where adopted children can't get the throne or the head position which is another thing that confused me because I thought in this type of era blood ties are everything!

I'm afraid there is more to it with these capture targets then I originally thought.

Again--Why did I ended up like this?