10: new home

As the emperor true to his words provided me a small two-story house in the seventh street of the capital, it's the safest street in the capital and only a small chance of troubles appearing here, the store and markets are also near from my white painted house with a small front and back yard..

It's certainly is a peaceful home but I don't know about the 'stable job' part, I'm still recovering from the regret of accepting the emperor's offer, I mentally faced palmed.

"Your stuff have been moved inside miss" now that I'm just a normal citizen I no longer need the 'young miss' or 'miss Charlotte' title since I'm no longer a noble, the workers bid farewell after I handed them the payment of helping move my stuff inside the house.

By now daichi should be comfortably living in his own place in the castle, We only said a few words to each other before saying goodbye to our sibling relationship forever, his back to his cold and harsh attitude toward me but it lightened up a bit, I'll be seeing you next month, sixth prince.

But for now I'll be just seeing dust and a lot of cleaning materials..

--

The emperor have gave me a sack of gold coins to survive in this month but I think This whole small hand size sack of gold can last me to a year, I also sold my previous jewelry and fancy dresses for additional money and also because I don't have anywhere to put them in,

I brought foods, utensils and other necessities for the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom, I also stopped by a shop to buy some new dresses not too fancy but not too shabby either..

Cleaning the house from top to bottom, wiping every window clean and making sure there are no more spider webs, was way harder since there is no vacuum here I mean hello I'm in an old western era no technology exist here, not even electricity!.

But none the less I supposed this is a better life than the one I used to have back in the mansion, so I'm grateful..

I cleared out the weeds in my front yard and rearranged the placement of the flower pots, I also have a kind elderly woman living beside me, she has the most gentlest smile and like a grandma that I never had.

My new life began with a tiring start and an relaxing end, I took a bath before patting my hair with a towel to dry, before I knew it I was already asleep in my new bed...