40: Leo's true Nature.

"Master"

"Hm?"

"The Amrita shadows have returned Princess Ayumi"

"she's still alive?"

"...... Yes"

"you know what you need to do"

"Yes, Master"

Sitting in a dark dim room, facing the big window while playing with a dagger in his hands, the shadows stepped back from the light coming in from the window and disappeared as they used to.

Leo Lionel, Third Prince of Lionel Kingdom, Third born child of the King and the country's most feared War god of all time.

He became known for his brutal, cruel, bloody ways, his reputation brought his name to all part of the country, to all the kingdoms and to all the royals.

There were some who were foolish enough to challenge such power and they only ended up with a sword going through their bodies, those who were lucky enough to survive such horror, eventually died from the sleepless nights, nightmares, paranoia that something is out there looking to kill them, his golden yellow eyes appeared Everytime they closed their eyes, they went mad and came down with a severe mental illness.

As Madison promised, she returned Ayumi to him but she was in a rather awful state of mind, she's mumbling to herself, constantly screaming, won't let anybody else touch her and she will hurt anyone who tried to get close to her, it was official, Second Princess Ayumi of Lionel Kingdom is now utterly broken...
Broken beyond repair just as Madison wanted.

But you can be sure that neither of them will get in trouble, why?, Because everyone hates Ayumi, even her maids are easily brided to keep quiet, all they have to do is tell the 'truth' what is that truth?, Simple it's the story of, after Ayumi got punished by Emperor Earl Lucille for several cases of Poisoning and the attempt of poisoning the royals that could have lead to a war between their Kingdoms, the Princess went crazy from it and couldn't accept her defeat so she went mad and turned out to be....like this.

The king is incredibly lazy and arrogant so he won't investigate the case because if he does try to blame the case to Lionel, he will lose and be dethroned
In no time, now that the fight for the throne is becoming more tense between his two older brothers born from the current queen, those two won't stop until they get what they want, even if that means killing their own father to get it.

In the Lionel Kingdom, you have to sleep with one eye open, danger lurks in every corner and in every shadow of darkness, no matter how beautiful Lionel castle maybe, it's Beauty is bewitching  or deceiving, the lies that built it hidden and disguised as something good, no matter how you look at it, Lionel Kingdom only survived this long and is still standing for all the wrong reason.

Death, lies, blood, tears, and darkness surround that castle.

"When will we return to Lionel?" Leo asked his aide, standing beside him the man stepped forward to answer him.

"your return should be next week but because of Princess Ayumi, the King insisted that you stay here for a bit more to make up for what she did" he said.

Leo rolled and scoffed.

"As expected of him, still cowardly as ever" Leo said.

The last Assassination were the king's first attempt to kill the royals of Valeria, the initial was if they fail, he would rage war against Valeria using Leo as his ultimate weapon but that was until he saw how Seraphina Charlotte is...

"Nobody told me that they have a strong knight!" The king threw a raging fit to his subordinates, he took pride in his Kingdom's very known and most excellent assassins, he sent a whole troupe to do that job but never did he think that a woman can handle it and even kill all of them, the assassins number greatly decreased in half from what they called a 'Charlotte massacre'.