25. Bad Condition & New Problem

Comenzar desde el principio

"Maybe—Maybe Mile will want to take care of Nolan," The light brown haired Omega dared. 

 "I'll talk to him while Tong gets you whatever you need from the house to stay here," Pong spoke up. 

 "Thank you," Apo couldn't be more grateful for both of them. 

***

 "Hospitalized for a month?," Mile looked at his brother while trying to calm a fussy Nolan in his arms. 

 "The Doctor feels it's best for Apo's health," Pong explained. Emphasizing on the word 'health', trying to knock sense into his brother in law. Yet, he couldn't fully blame him either. Mile was hurting as well. He felt like Apo had been unfaithful and it made sense, Pong knew that. But he couldn't understand why Mile wasn't at least trying. When Pong had questioned him, Mile had admitted he hadn't even tried to scent Apo. He barely even looked at him. Pong had clenched his jaw in irritation. 

 Mile was too quick to think he didn't deserve to be happy. That he wasn't good enough. Pong knew that if it had been him going through this with Tong, he would have scented him repeatedly, at least holding onto the small hope for a miracle; instead of being so sure he would betray him. But Mile was like that, he had been rejected so many times by potential mates and now that he had one, it was easier to think Apo cheated then the possibility of a medical miracle. 

Pong and Tong wanted to believe Apo. Wanted to believe in the way the Omega looked at his brother because it was the same way Tong looked at him: full of love and awe mixed in with adoration and happiness. 

Now Apo looked at Mile with nothing but a heartbroken pleading gaze. Longing etched in those light brown eyes. 

 Nolan started wailing. Loud and ear shattering cries escaped the small pup. 

 "Hey Shhh, its ok buddy," Mile cooed at the pup, rocking him as he paced. 

 "PAPA!," Nolan called out. Mile looked at him, the little one was warm and something about him felt frail; ill even. 

Tong snuck out of Mile's bedroom, gaining a suspicious glance from his mate. He gave Pong quick innocent smile before grabbing the suitcase he had packed for Apo at the bottom of the stairs and shoving whatever it was he had taken from Mile's room in it. 

 "PAPA!," Nolan cried. Somehow sounding even louder and angry. 

 "I don't think Nolan wants to stay with any of us. He wantsApo," Tong said as he walked over to Mile to pet the very upset pup. He had tears sliding down his little face. 

 "Papa luv," Nolan whined and buried his face against Mile's shoulder, continuing to cry out for his Papa. 

***

 Dr. Win stood in front of his bathroom mirror, his eyes zeroed in on the black line tattoo over his shoulder. 

Being a blacklisted Alpha, he understood better than anyone what was happening to his new patient Apo. Apo had gone into Alpha biology. He became a Reproduction Study Expert. He had been dealing with low funding for the past fifteen years. 

The Alpha specialized in it after going through his own tragedy. Leaving him the one who had to survive filled with guilt, shame, and hatred of himself. 

 Almost seventeen years ago, he had gotten his own mate pregnant. Which was impossible by all known facts. Being blacklisted and having medical proof that he couldn't breed; he had shunned and left his mate. So sure that his mate had cheated on him, letting another Alpha have him and impregnated him.