CHAPTER 30

"Are you feeling sick? You look awfully pale" Millena pointed out, reaching out and placing the back of her hand to my forehead. I flinched momentarily before realizing what I was doing. I just couldn't sit still knowing a phantom of some sort was standing in the corner of the room observing my every move.

A phantom that only I could see.

"What has gotten into you? Why are you so jumpy all of a sudden?" She questioned once more and I locked eyes with Millena for the first time while being here, but the slightly panicked and terrorized expression I wore never faltered.

"I- I..." I trailed off as my brain refused to form a response. I, however, had no idea that I was squeezing down too hard on my wrist, and when Millena pulled at my arm, a bruise had already formed.

She gazed in shock at the partially blue area then at me then back at the bruise.

"Is he- Is he abusing you?" She whispered, and her eyes widened with concern.

"No, God no," I said startled at the idea. "I'm just still a bit shaken up about the whole ordeal"

"I guess that's understandable considering what you went through" She sympathized with a sigh and I diverted my eyes when Primrose disappeared then reappeared to stand behind Millena, staring at me pleadingly and it was then that I saw the gaping hole in the left side of her chest while trying my hardest not to through up in my mouth.

"Although, even though that happened, I still feel it was all my fault" She admitted, resting her head in her palms as if at war with herself. "If I had just...

"No Millena, nothing about what happened is your fault, so don't let it get to you," I said trying to steady my voice, pretending that Primrose wasn't there.

"Skyler I need to talk to you..." Primrose urged anxiously and I fearfully looked at Millena to see if she had heard her but had to dreadfully accept that she didn't when she made no reaction to Primroses' voice at all.

"No, but you don't get it Sky. I'm a horrible person and it's eating me up inside" Millena confessed, turning away from me, yet I was too caught up to listen to what Millena was trying to say.

"And after hearing about what happened, I cannot pretend anymore-

"I think you should go Millena. I'm sorry if I sound harsh but right now I'm at a crossroads where I can't decide if this is the reality that I will have to endure or if the expanse of said reality is real or not" I voiced, taking a quick glance at Primroses' figure then back at Millena.

For a second, Millena was quiet, then walked up to me, encircling me in a tight embrace before saying.

"It's ok. I know that my sudden presence is probably suffocating you and I'm certain if your mate came and saw me here things wouldn't go so well on my end as he is already suspicious of me. She breathed. "My only regret is that if the essence of time was right, I would have been more honest then maybe things would have gone differently. Goodbye Skyler"

I closed the door behind her, puzzled at her unexpected sentiment but decided not to question her actions, especially with the prospect of being in the same room with a ghost.

I became overwhelmed with dread and my blood ran cold when I turned and Primroses' rice water figure was standing a mere foot ahead of me, not to mention the already gruesome sight of connective tissues hanging dead like ropes.

And common sense told me her heart was ripped from her chest.

"Ho-how are you here, why can I see you?" I freaked jumping backward and bracing against the door.