Chapter Twenty - Three ☆

"....Adrien....?" Marinette croaked out, getting the attention of the adults in the room.

"Marinette! Your okay, thank God. I thought I lost you" Adrien held onto her hand, as the bluenette looked around her trying to figure out where she was.

"Where.... Where am I?" She tried to open her eyes, but she was a bit drowsy. "It's okay, your in the hospital. Mari, I'm sorry. It's my fault your in the hospital, and that we.... We lost the baby," He sighed.

Marinette shot up, and a sharp pain immediately went to her wound. He layed her back down, trying to get her to calm down. "Marinette please, calm down. You've just lost-" he was cut off when Marinette's hand came in contact with his cheek. He stumbeld backwards, shocked after what just happened.

"Marinette-.... What are you doing?" He asked her.

"This is all your fault!" She glared at him through her teary eyes. "What have I done to deserve this? Why do you hate me so much?" She questioned him. "Nothing, i- I don't hate you Marinette... I just-" he tried to get a hold of her hand, but she slapped it away.

"D-dont touch me! I gave you my life... I... I forgave you and staued with you even though you kept breaking my heart, i-" her voice cracked. "Marinette please, I love you okay? I love you so so much.."

"It's all your fault, that I lost my baby. Because you can't learn to keep your fucking hands to yourself!" She sat up. "Marinette," Alya interrupted their conversation. "No Alya, he needs to know. I'd forgive you, hut then the next day I'll find you already shoving your tongue down someone's throat. Why do you keep doing this? I've loved, amd I've loved until... I lost you.. to her" Her tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Marinette.."

"Chloe, Chloe! You had to go and pick Chloe. Chloe fucking bourgeois! She's pregnant with your baby, meanwhile, I'm the one who has to pay for it. Why?" She whispered out the last word, on the verge of another mental breakdown.

"Do you have anynting to say for yourself? Anything?!" She asked.

He shook his head. "I don't know... I'm sorry? Christ, I love you Marinette, i really do. I never meant for any of this to happen... I just-"

"Get out,"

"Wh-... What...?" He took a step forward.

"Get out, Adrien. Leave me alone- don't you dare, touch me. I said get out you asshole!" She screamed. "B-but, wait! Marinette please.." he begged. "Adrien get the fuck out of here! Leave, you ruined my life! I wish I never met you! Go! Leave," She covered her mouth with her hand.

"Marinette, calm down. Pleased take it easy. Get him out of here," Alya calmed her down, while Nino dragged his friend outside the building. "Bro, forget about it. You had your chance and you ruined it. Just go home, take time to reflect, and think about what you did. Come back, clean, truthful, and we'll see what happems next." Nino pattes his back about to leave, when Adrien called out his name.

"When will I know she'll be ready for me?" He asked.

Nino smiled. "You won't." He turned around facing his back to he blonde. "You'll have to change your ways if you want her back." Nino disappeared through the glass doors. Adrien let out a faint chuckle, punching the wall in anger.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Was I... Do you think, I was a bit harsh on him?" Marinette asked as Alya spoon fed her a yoghurt bowl. "No, he deserved it for what he did to you. Made you feel like shit, you lost your baby because of him. You don't need to be sorry," Alya said in digust of Adriens behaviour.

Marinette sighs. "Should I call him back? Half of it wasn't really his fault" Marinette swallowed the content in her mouth. "I was being stupid. I was angry, and upset that I lost my baby. It wasn't just me who lost it, Adrien lost the baby too. I just had enough of everything, and Chloe that I took it out on him" Marinette sniffed.

"Will you call him back?" She questioned.

No. He needs to think. Leave him be for a while, forget about him. You need space, you can't just let him back into your life after what happened." Nino said.

Alya nodded. "He's right. When your ready, okay? Just... For now, you need rest." Marinette layed her head agaisnt the pillow, letting out a long, breath that she didn't even know she had in.

"Okay,"