Rinney. The actual good part of the book and not some petty fast rushed bs

It was time where one part of the sky blended ink black and the other part mixed with blended oranges and pinks.

The black creeped as they drove towards it, as if the drop of gold hadn't sinked from it hours ago.

Robin sat in the drivers seat, Finney in the passengers as he laid against the window.

The traffic comes shone in the headlights, taillights shined in their eyes in impossible reds.

Robin grabbed finney's hand, squeezing it comfortingly.

"Your grandma has a dog?" Finney asked to forfill the silence. Robin smiled stupidly. "Yeah... yeah. That dog is a spawn from hell though. Don't expect much."

The drive was long and slow, they turned to park at a truck stop not long after.

One overhead street lamp stood out to dim the car, a dog barked, the fences for the farm and the woods that surrounded were an audible hue.

Across the lake, there was a small lodged house. Dogs ran across the porch at the sight of such intruders parking near it. They barked and howled, it echoed across the water. Finney watched.

It was cold, even through the car they could smell the audible December crisp of Christmas.

Finney was carefully pulled down and then had a strong tough body on top of him, wrapping his arms around him. Engulfing him in the warmth of his body heat.

Finney smiled as he watched robin reach down and pull the covers on top of them, the heat covered his body now.

"It's cold out there ain't it." Robin shivered. His skin was icy to the touch, Robin was always cold unless he was laying directly on top of you.

"Yeah..." finney said. "You ever think those dogs go in?" He pointed to those mass amount of dogs pacing the porch.

"Oh I'm sure, they got some thick coats. They'll be aight."

It still wasn't a comfort, Finney wondered about them.