Notes from a dying teen boy

((Short - but one of the fluffiest chapters in my opinion.

I'm going to live outside

I'm going to live outside. Of your locked doors.... Happily.

And I'm never going to knock on one of them, and ask for a single thing.

And I'll never huff and puff, and blow down your house.

I'm not the big bad wolf. Just like a tiny little mouse, or a clown... or a little boy you talk about.

And I'm gonna spend my life up this way.

gonna spend my life up this way. Right in front of your eyes.

And I'm gonna spend my life up you guys, until I die.

And I'm gonna spend the coldest night under a waterfall.

And watch the white water roll off of me.

And I'm gonna spend he hottest day... laying in a really big pile of hay.

With somebody or another until I roll off.

-Thanksgiving

——

I ask what I did to deserve your love, and then my hands start writing faster than my brain and I can't get it down on paper, so I use music.

Do you enjoy it when I stand close to you? Do you like that new cologne I got that was deemed "too girly for a boy"?

Do you like it when I hand you the envelopes sealed with a singular piece of tape with a little sharpied heart over it.

And then you pull me into your chest, bury your face in the side of my neck tell me how I got "so beautifully dressed that morning" and then I know.

And I smile that big smile. Further increasing the smile lines on my cheeks from you.

You kiss my forehead, and then my lips like you always do and leave to visit your next class.

The bathroom stands still for a minute. The broken running sink sings in delight. Our only witness to loving spoken words.

Your words linger on my face for the rest of the day, your kisses send ripples through my body and suddenly my journal has another written page.

I rock back on my heels as I stand over my desk and write the next letter to you. You're all I think about.

I can't wait to have you over again, under the floral bedsheets. - Gwen's we're the only ones left. Dad never had it on his mind to buy more.

To leave the imprint of your head in the pillows again.